Hello Munky,

If you have been having any issue registering, or logging in please email kyle@themodzoo.com.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Welcome to The Mod Zoo

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Porknz

Cool! EKWB specific help!

Trying my first shot at water cooling with an EKWB L360 on my new build.  I am slowly acclimating to the extra parts for other cpu's etc., but I've hit a snag.

I've looking at installing the backplate for the water block and there are solder pins(???) that are sticking up.  I'm worried about mashing the rubber gasket and the backplate down on top of them.  Perhaps the purpose of the rubber gasket is protect these pins and they can take getting the rubber gasket pushed down on them, but it seems counterintuitive to me.

Thanks for any assistance.

15726486_10211951739414631_6854281170690049766_n.jpg

15781408_10211951739854642_3518950149693900031_n.jpg

Man, can't catch a break with this L360.  Now I go to put the water block on, and it doesn't fit.  There are three capacitors that are too close to the cpu socket.  I have sort of leaned three of them over a tad against the copper block (and made a bit of a mess of my thermal paste in the process) but I can't imagine having three of my capacitors in solid contact with the copper block of my L360 as it tries to cool the cpu is alright.  It will transfer the heat right to them...

Hi,

Sorry for the delay I was away on vacations during the holidays.

To answer your first post, it's safe to put the rubber gasket over the soldered pins.

As for the CPU Block touching the caps, can you tell me which board you have and also take a picture of the issue?

EKWB and MSI both told me it's fine if they are touching, but honestly, it still kind of stinks. 

MSI MPower Titanium.

I think this is about the best shot I was able to get.

e0BvjJj.jpg

I see! I don't know why some manufacturers put some components so close to the CPU socket sometimes!

I have a friend who had this board.  I will ask him if he remembers having had this issue when he installed his CPU block.