If you are having any issues logging in please contact: kyle@themodzoo.com

This question is about an AIO cooler. I have a Corsair H100i V2 that I wanted to mod with custom hardline tubing. I've found YouTube vids with people replacing the tubing with aftermarket soft tubing on the older H100i, but the new design is a bit different. Anyone take a V2 apart? I don't even know if they're refillable. I'd also have to figure out how to get the fittings on. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

I haven't worked on a Corsair, but I did a swap-out on a Cooler Master.  You basically have to make it refillable, by either putting in a fill port in the lines somewhere or adding a res.  And I'd suggest adding a res as the best solution.  The fittings would be the real question.  I know the premiums like EK and Swiftech have G1/4 fittings but most of the cheap ones don't.  Mine had some cheap plastic built in swivel fittings on the block and soldered fitting on the rad so soft tubing was the only option.

Another thing to think about is mixing of metals.  I don't know about the Corsair, but most AIOs run aluminum radiators to cut cost.  Aluminum and copper means it's probably running some fluid with a lot of anti-corrosion additives from the factory.  I side stepped this by using an aftermarket copper radiator so I could run some Primochill fluid in it, though it's always in the back of my mind that I have no clue what's in the block housing so it's a bit of a guessing game.  Nothing floating in the res though so it's been good for over a year.

On 12/29/2016 at 6:56 AM, InsolentGnome said:

I haven't worked on a Corsair, but I did a swap-out on a Cooler Master.  You basically have to make it refillable, by either putting in a fill port in the lines somewhere or adding a res.  And I'd suggest adding a res as the best solution.  The fittings would be the real question.  I know the premiums like EK and Swiftech have G1/4 fittings but most of the cheap ones don't.  Mine had some cheap plastic built in swivel fittings on the block and soldered fitting on the rad so soft tubing was the only option.

Another thing to think about is mixing of metals.  I don't know about the Corsair, but most AIOs run aluminum radiators to cut cost.  Aluminum and copper means it's probably running some fluid with a lot of anti-corrosion additives from the factory.  I side stepped this by using an aftermarket copper radiator so I could run some Primochill fluid in it, though it's always in the back of my mind that I have no clue what's in the block housing so it's a bit of a guessing game.  Nothing floating in the res though so it's been good for over a year.

Thanks for the response, David :). The older H100i have the swinging barbs and I suspect, due to cost, that the H100i v2 would also have barbs. I thought I saw a fill port on the pump assembly, but I could be wrong. I'd have to possibly create threads for G1/4 hardline fittings, which will be the biggest challenge.

Thanks for reminding me about the aluminum/copper interaction. I remember reading that many of these AIO coolers use water/glycol mixtures with anti-corrosive/biocide. I can't confirm for sure, maybe an email to Corsair could solve that (or if anyone wants to chime in). I don't plan to run an aftermarket res, so I can't verify if the fluid is fine until I open it up again. Maybe I could add a fillable reservoir to make my life easier :S. This could be a very ambitious project that will have to wait.  

10 hours ago, Ace_finland said:

I had two open a while ago, changed to some nicer tubing. They have barbs as you suspected

IMAG0860.jpg

IMAG0859.jpg

Thanks for the full photos, Ace. Are those barbs screwed in or are they one piece? Also, how did you manage to refill the fluid and remove air bubbles? Also, is that an electroluminescent panel on top for the lighting of the logo? It appears to be soldered on. Thanks again!

Hi 
I did mod a Coolermaster Nepton 280 L ,  adding a reservoir to the loop  , Design is different  but structure of all AIO is quite similar.
http://themodzoo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2528-aio-coolermaster-280l-mod-another-episode-of-my-antec-1200-dragon-edition/

- If you intend to use a reservoir , you can refer to my previous mod , unfortunately, the image hosting website I used is no more functional, send me a message & I'll send you all photos or info you need