Porknz

New water cooled rig to the first lan party!

Any suggestions/warnings taking the new rig to the first lan party?  Hopefully bouncing along in the car doesn't spring any leaks etc. of course, but I figured I'd ask.  Reason to travel with paper towels like when I first tested the loop or anything?

Thanks guys.

No real reason to, but it doesn't hurt anything to have them.  Whenever I bring mine anywhere I typically bring a little distilled water (I just bring whatever I have in one of my gallon jugs), a small hand towel, and my piece of tubing on a barb with a funnel.  I've never had to use any of it, but it doesn't take up much space, so figure why not.  

Depending on how far you are going or how bumpy the trip is, you might want to take some foam and block up your gpu to keep it from wiggling around.  I always worry about breaking the header or pulling a tube out of it.

guess I didn't think about that, because the way I transport mine is face down so the GPU hangs from the I/O (that's the way the case sits in the box with the handles up) lol

On 2/25/2017 at 6:12 PM, Mosquito said:

guess I didn't think about that, because the way I transport mine is face down so the GPU hangs from the I/O (that's the way the case sits in the box with the handles up) lol

It seems that no matter how I pack stuff, I've got something that can move around too much.  Beginner's luck?