If you are having any issues logging in please contact: kyle@themodzoo.com

mapim

Scratch Build Alphatier with two MONSTER Radiators

act_logo_1lzkgi.jpg

Hi guys this is my first Casecon called Alphatier

I am from germany and all typos ar for your Entertainment XD but i try my best.

The name Alphatier  is because of the two massive Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 180mm Triple Radiators. They are the biggest Radiators Alphacool offers. I have build the case around them. There is no Case wehre these Monsters fit so i had to build one. 

Alphacool Germany and hardwarmax.net helped me out with massively the Watercooling Components so a BIG THANK YOU to them. Without them i would not be able to afford a Projekt like that.

The concept of this whole Build is to create an open unique PC Case that is practical an can handle any Hardware you throw at it.
I just cant see BIG BLACK BOXES anymore.
The goal ist to create a mostly passive ultra silent PC . 
I also build the whole thing at home, basically in my room with pretty basic tools and materials that everybody can buy in the local hardware store.
I did this on purpose to inspire people who think they can not do nothing cool because they do not have a whole workshop.

This is how it looks right now but still a lot to do i will update this pic like i progress.

img_2578-kopietduvd.jpgimg_2790uyskk.jpg

behold the mighty Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 180mm Triple Radiator i added a 120mm Fan for size compression.
U can also see the doner Case for the mainboard tray
img_2361ppjds.jpg

img_2367yaju8.jpg

img_2369jnkm1.jpg

img_2375ufkcg.jpg

img_23768tkyn.jpg

The fans are Phobya Phobya G-Silent 18 700rpm Red LED an they dont look that Bad in the Dark. This will also be the outer radiator frame. i do not believe i will need to turn up the fans that often.

img_2418rgj52.jpg

img_2416zokgb.jpg

Thank you Bill Owen for the warm welcome. i follow your YT Channel and the Mod Zoo for a long time now. Love your livestreams , always intersting stuff there. Get an  distributor in Europe please XD.

But lets go on with the modding

Next step was to make a Mainboardtray that is also removable from the outer Radiator Frame. So i cut Aluminum sheet that i got fro the scrapyard and made some holes and cuts.

img_24843abja.jpg

img_2485znb9x.jpg

img_2486izz1v.jpg

img_2487jgln3.jpg

img_24884wxxf.jpg

The Mainboardtray was a lot of fun and will be removable with 4 Screws from the outer radiator frame.

img_24308wuwq.jpg

[Abladehalde=http://abload.de/image.php?img=img_2431xwux2.jpg]img_2431xwux2.jpg[/url]

img_24327wusc.jpg

img_2427twu56.jpg

img_24286uumw.jpg

img_242648r8h.jpg

I was not happy with how the Back panel looked so i changed it up a bit with some cuts and a fold. I also canged up the vinyl to silver to give the Alphatier Frame a more uniform look.

img_25294qu5j.jpg

img_2534pnu7o.jpg

img_2538n5uhp.jpg

Alphatier is a german Word that describes the BOSS Animal in the Pack ( Alpha-male) . Such a Beast needs some Claws of course.
I also  made a cross bar. That thing ist really sturdy i was pleasantly surprised how stiff the construction is when the
radiators are mounted. OK i already have used over 100 M3 Stainless screws nuts and washers at this point.

img_2543tzuxb.jpg

img_2546l1u4f.jpg

img_2551aquod.jpg

img_2547rvu2j.jpg

While i was cleaning up my current system, i took out my Seasonic Platinum 1200 Watt PSU. Thank God for Modular Cables.
Yes total overklill for my system but i bought it second Hand for a very decent price and could not rissest. I will have to make some holes for better Cable Management over the whole Case. But this ist the PSU that will give the Alphatier the Power that a beast like that needs .

img_2552uykq2.jpg

img_25536wjcl.jpg

img_2554sekg8.jpg

img_2555wtj4y.jpg

img_255642jd1.jpg

img_25579jjlw.jpg

img_25583fkfv.jpg

img_2559xmjxo.jpg

I also made a unboxing Video of the Sasonic Platinum 1200 Watt PSU if u guys are interested to see my face and trying to speak english XD

I saw your question in chat.

Apparently, You can just copy/paste the link into the text box. I had to try it to find out.

Your build is coming along nicely. I approve highly of things that are not square. In fact, I think I've drawn up something in the Sketchup contests with a similar layout. I can't wait to see if/how you skin the frame.

Thank you for the help Cheapstake. Glad you like my build. I plan to add some more videos in the future so it would be nice if the Forumsoftware would get a feature for inserting YT Videos.

Although i want to build an open Case, i need to make a few Cable routing holes because it has to look somewhat tidy. After test fitting the Seasonic PSU i made first cut. On the Back of the MB Tray will be a space to hide the Cables and the aquaero. Also the D5 Pump and a tube-res will be located on this side. but lets see when the watercooling hardware arrives.

img_256215smj.jpg

img_256166s3j.jpg

img_25600xs5b.jpg

I am not a big fan of hard tubing. For Show builds or when you do not plan to change the hardware for a long time it is a good choice.But this is a more " easy" homemade situation Build, so i of course choose flex tubing. 
I use 13-10 tubing because i like the look.
BUT If u start a new water cooling build i would recommend a 16-10 tube. 
The thicker Wals will bend better.
I have used black Norprene tubing for a few years now and it is a very good tube, but i kinks quite fast (13-10 )
A few months ago Mayhams announced Mayhems UV White Tubing (3/8 - 1/2) 10/13mm Tubing . And i used it in one of my other Builds.
I really love the sleek white look ( i do not care about UV ) and so Alphatier will have white vains.  I made a few pics winking.gif

mayhams_tube_4prut8.jpg

mayhams_tube_3aiuwi.jpg

mayhams_tube_6hsua3.jpg

mayhams_tube_5t6u6t.jpg

I have to wait for the Alphacool parts now, not much modding without that. The Alphacool guys are now in Taipei for Computex 2017 so it might take a while longer than usual until they have time to take care of my little order.

Bad timing on my side XD . Eddy and Matthias if u read this i hope u have a good time there although i know that such tradeshows are  stressful. But a made some Pics of the Stainless screws that hold the Alphatier together. Already over 100 Washers were used. No rivets will pierce this Beast XD

img_26204foc8.jpg
img_26213zoov.jpg
img_2622j7o9b.jpg
img_2623wrrtv.jpg
img_2624ezrhl.jpg