UNtIeGt.png

New project in the making!

This time i will be doing a casemod instead of a scratch build. The main concept with the build is mirrors and thats why i decided to call it simply Spegel (mirror in Swedish). This time i´m proudly sponsored by ASUS Republic of Gamers, Inet, Phanteks Nordic, Seasonic - 海韻電子 and TeamGroup - Global. Thanks alot for the support and more pictures will be coming shortly.

Update!

Some parts for the build has arrived so here is some pictures of the parts and a list of all the parts that will be used in the build and i will update this when the other parts arrive.

CPU: Intel i7 8700k sponsored by Asus ROG
Motherboard: Asus Maximus X Formula sponsored by Asus ROG
Memory: Team Group Delta RGB 4x4gb 3000mhz sponsored by Team Group
GPU: Asus GTX 1080 strix
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 750w sponsored by Seasonic
Chassi: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv sponsored by Phanteks
SSD: TBA

Watercooling
CPU-block: Phanteks C350i Chrome sponsored by Phanteks
GPU-block: Phanteks G1080 Chrome sponsored by Phanteks
Fittings: Phanteks harline fittings Chrome sponsored by Phanteks
Radiators: Alphacool NexXxos ST30 360mm + 240mm sponsored by Inet
Reservoir: Phanteks R220 sponsored by Phanteks
Pump: Laing DDC-1T sponsored by Inet
Pipes: EK 12/10 PETG sponsored by Inet

kTjlbYJ.png
WdbOfXE.png
5T8qGTm.png
nrUZgIf.png
iROjiG6.png
QMhLtzO.png
bi7A9ey.png
1PPVRNo.png
Fh0bqzQ.png
0k9D1r9.png
qH1MZ0M.png
xBR16HT.png
jowXQM7.png

Once again a big thanks to all my sponsors and lets start building!

Update!
Time to mount the block to the graphicscard :)! The graphicscard i went for this build is the GTX 1080 Strix and im pairing it with Phanteks waterblock in chrome, all i can say about the block so far is WOW. The fit and finish of the entire block is superb and i cant wait to see how it performs. I also decided to wrap the backplate in "one way mirror"-film so that it gets a shiny look yet the led´s will shine through it when lit. Next in the pipeline will be to tackle the motherboards shrouds and backplate to try and get them into the theme aswell.

Cya!
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

Update!

So now its time to mount the pump to the reservoir and then choose the perfect spot for them. When i had decided where to put the reservoir i turned the case upside down and marked and drilled out the holes for it. The mounting of the pump was really easy and as with the gpu block the fit and finish was very good. Before i mounted the pump though i had to switch out the connectors for black ones and ofc sleeve the cables ( and i know that the led strip is the wrong way in the photo, i flipped it before the mount 1f609.png ).

As allways feel free to ask any questions you have and i will try to answer them as best i can.

Cya!

[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 

Update!

Time to make some panels for the case!

I started of by making the panel for the top of the psu shroud by using the trusty cardboard method. It´s a very good idea to do this cause some angles might be realy tricky to measure with a ruler. These panels will later be covered in mirror tint.

After that i procided to make the panel for the motherboard tray. I also made cutouts for the top radiator bracket since it will slide all the way back to the motherboard tray to get fastened.

Then it was time to cut out all the pieces for the shroud that im making for the front fans (i actually made a complete one but totaly forgot about the passtrough for the fittings to the radiator so i tried to correct it but failed and had to start from scratch :P) . This time i cut out out the holes for the fittings before gluing it all together.

This is all i have for now but feel free to ask any questions you might have and i'll try to answer them.

Cya!

Ci4KGNC.png
KGc06c9.png
Ij8b1ui.png
cfJrvF4.png
mwa6a0s.png
VESWGGH.png
Zb9E23w.png
ZSniMKB.png
kBPfPZp.png
MHPbEQG.png
iceGChI.png
lqHFXxX.png
wb9FhFt.png
2IgFuGb.png
2UdtiAE.png
dZ3tGpo.png
FfjkOqg.png
NwlBVl9.png
2Af5bRU.png
wjgOcZ8.png
Ms5hc45.png
5xMQXfX.png
CZ6RbL3.png
Cx8Gtwt.png
Iqsioop.png
pjruIfh.png
tOmAF4F.png
v3J72Fe.png
oQCsCHY.png

Update!

So i got some more work done on the panels this weekend and managed to get the front fan shroud all cut and glued together. I also made the lower part of the psu shroud and the panel for the rear of the case.

When i made the panel for the rear i had to cut some small chunks out due to rivets and what not in the case and even while that can be tedious it was actually quite enjoyable to do with a Moto Saw (if anyone is looking for a new tool for modding i strongly recommend that one).

Still waiting for the "hopefully" last shipment of stuff for the build but it should arrive this week (sleeving and some other supplies) so until then enjoy!

Cya!

H7EtM3h.png

9P3OW2h.png

b4X5N18.png

CQS1iAg.png

EtDvMTq.png

CWJKqe6.png

0Q7mY1S.png
ZhtqW.png

Y56cPeQ.png

v4OuPNF.png

xonnwO4.png

aOiMAkF.png

skS6fOA.png

IHkTOiP.png

7ExpSls.png

GwlBBUK.png

l7ZYvjI.png

pxrfG8d.png

NzWdN0R.png

d1crjQ3.png

EpRoReK.png

mp2jquY.png

hxornAb.png

WWXaJuu.png

q9TtVRk.png

KpkgxsZ.png

bGfbERD.png

fitWiF4.png

W7TpOiO.png

PVQdkmB.png

XLWc96K.png

ahfjw8c.png

Mini update!

During the last couple of days i have started to make the infinity mirrors for the project. They will consist of two mirrors that goes like a stripe from the front panel on to the top panel. I did a quick mockup in sketchup to show you how they will look once assembled.

I also enlisted the help from my brother who owns a cnc to cut out the holes in the front and top of the case.

I'm also filming this process so that i can show you this from start to finish. The video might come a little bit later on since i have to edit it and stuff. The video will then be posted on my youtube channel so remember to subscribe so that you dont miss it :D

Until then, cya!

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 

Update!

So some stuff has happend since the last update. I'm working on the infinity mirrors and the update on them will come in the form of video once they are done. In the meantime i have also been working on the motherboard and the other panels and this update will cover the motherboard and the mods surrounding it.

I had first planed to cover the shroud and backplate in mirror vinyl but as you can see it did not end in a good result so i decided to paint it instead.
First i thought i might paint it black and put small details in with the vinyl but that also looked bad. I then tried a "mirror finish"-paint which at first glance looked fine but a closer inspection shows its flaws. First of all it was super easy to scratch and it was also "sticky" even after 72 hours of curing.

I left this part of the project to rest for a while and started with some other stuff while i decided what to do with it. After a couple of weeks i decided to repaint it in a metallic silver instead with a couple of layers of clear on top and it looks much cleaner. I also painted the backplate and parts of the heatsink for the m.2-drive in the same colour.

While waiting for the paint to dry i decided to sleeve the blocks cables because why not 1f642.png? Then it was time to assemble everything and install the block and ram. The end result looks really nice in my opinion, what do you guys think ?

I will be posting another update shortly on the other panels but until then enjoy!

Cya!
 [IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 

Update!

Some more work with all the panels in the build has been done. I´m going to write a little info on each picture this time instead so enjoy!

P.S remember to follow me on instagram and youtube for more conent.

Cya!

tXK72XG.png
Trying to figure out how to mount this panel.
7M4Djxl.png
Derp! look at all the possibility for mounting already present in the case.
Wqltv7C.png
Picked out a couple of mounting holes in the case and drilled a couple of holes in the panel to match them.
tlVaTD6.png
Ready to see if it fits.
4ExdZEy.png
And it does 1f603.png
6qNPSBz.png
Then it was time to cut out a couple of holes for the rgb-connectors and some of the front io.
qsEjwNB.png
All marked out and ready to be cut.
n2Pbwru.png
All cut! I also cut out some notches where the fittings for the pump would pass through.
lsDBp0s.png
Went with the same approach of mouting on the rear panel aswell, good old fashioned screws.
rsXxbZ4.png
All done!
HxjbXWz.png
Some holes cut out for the front io cables.
baTdENz.png
A little test fit to see if the top rad was blocking the holes but we are all good.
ag1QCpy.png
This is the "side facing" panel for the psu-shroud that i had to make some adjustments to so it would sit flush with the top of the shroud.
1sZk4Kz.png
All cut!
5nWMpJb.png
Marking out some more panels for the case, one of the front panels and another panel for the infinity mirrors.
dD43cgb.png
All cut!
xzUZhyK.png
One of the front panels needs some adjustments to.
2uBQnpm.png
There we go!
Ut7E9Vh.png
Time to start making the shroud for the top rad.
UKUfrQl.png
The base of the shroud all marked out.
2SEsqEI.png
All cut!
LaM47XD.png
Fits like a charm!
qcVulmZ.png
Perfect!
VgAj00X.png
Another test fit to see if i need to trim it but it looks good.
q9k3s7n.png
View from the side.
jPW9yy7.png
One of the side panels for the shroud.
0RZjBww.png
Time to mark out the top panel for the shroud.
mBUmqWG.png
One done!
2pw0Ro6.png
Two done!
QkPUFzy.png
Three done!
G1XglKp.png
All done! 1f603.png
qmysvZO.png
My current workspace consist of an old dinner table, a stool, some random lights placed on said stool and a mess of screws, cables, sleeving 1f642.png.
Kz2PCuM.png
Cutting out some holes in one of the side panels for the shroud so that the fan cables can pass through.
QcOTCNB.png
Building piles of acrylic dust!
fmHbrj0.png
All three done!
BsyMQcL.png
Test fit!
TitBwHs.png
One of the other side panels for the shroud with notches cut out of them so that the collar of the fitting can fit.
19bPLgl.png
Time to start glueing the pieces together.
F9mxTIk.png
More glueing.
tSBddbJ.png
Yet more glueing..
nGRz8aM.png
aaand more glueing.
alOyOJq.png
OMG so many pieces to glue..
ioeY7NS.png
Almost done glueing.
wNJBEif.png
It´s starting to take shape.
EIseXLH.png
Last piece!
uBwOYqg.png
And done.
DEgKzRd.png
I´m using XSPC rgb fans throughout the build, they look pretty sweet when lit, very subtle.
fM0sVCS.png
And done 1f603.png! Now it´s time for some sanding and then wrapping them in mirror vinyl.
QERypmF.png
Clearance = just right! 1f603.png
eJ3tPAE.png
Wanted to get the front io out of the way after all that gluing so time for some sleeving.
Inhkn69.png
Managed! The cables are managed in this way to clear the top infinity mirror.
g6b8niz.png
Time for some wrapping 1f603.png.
N2xuRd5.png
Turned out pretty nice ( protective plastic is still on ).
3XbXnZ0.png
The holes i drilled earlier to mount this panel.
KtK6QJ0.png
Another view!
rbTHKBo.png
Mirror mirror! Time for some more wrapping
RF4fC83.png
More wrapping done.
7yKIiN3.png
All of the panels except the top shroud done. Installed the gpu aswell just to get a feel of the builds final look.
iaWU7iI.png
The right side of the case will also get a panel but this one will have the builds name put on a little plate in the middle with some lighting behind it.
281byiH.png
All the letters marked out.
0u75vBt.png
All cut!
rdwfvlY.png
Tried wrapping them in vinyl aswell but as you will see i ended up with a different look in the end.
KtUFZdu.png
The main panel for the right side.
4qDNjnQ.png
Marking out the groove for the led-strip.
vGXy2KX.png
All cut! and i also cut out the plate that the letters will be glued to.
mc5fXc1.png
A little test fit.
HIAeuax.png
Starting to glue the letters in place ;D
29j4a7z.png
All done!
B49ARl6.png
I´m using a very high density led-strip ( 144 leds/meter ) to get as much spread of the light as possible.
aHw5Iff.png
And ofcourse some sleeve 1f603.png?.
ikzKB6Q.png
Going to look pretty sweet i think.
T7NQwbR.png
I decided to paint the whole logo and then scrape the edges of the letters abit so that it would look more subtle when lit.
eWESEhG.png
Side view.
DIxrlCa.png
Top view! Looks pretty good i think 1f603.png?.
F5whnvp.png
Sprayed a light coat of some metallic silver on the top so that it would blend in more with the mirror on the side panel.
9NclbBE.png
All done and ready to be mounted to the side panel.
N1f2Ydm.png
I wrapped the whole panel in some vinyl and mounted the plate to it and placed it in the case with the side glass panel on the top.

Update!

It´s now time for the last update for this project. This was my first project in a long time involving water cooling and my first involving hardline. I have had a lot of fun trying it out but i have had some frustrating moments aswell ( guess thats part of the learning process :) ). I think the most important thing i´ve learned from this is that you can not have enough fittings :p.

In this last update its time for the water cooling and the cables and ofc some pictures of the final results. I'm going to post a separate video to youtube regarding the infinity mirrors in just a while so feel free to stop by there and perhaps subscribe :) ? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaiqGBkuqo8EJhjTxXloP5Q?

Thank you so much for the comments and support and a big thanks to my sponsors, Inet , Phanteks , Asus ROG , Seasonic , Team Group :)

PS. If any of you are attending Dreamhack summer 2018 in Jönköping i will be there so come and say hi :)

d2JMffm.png

OOb2K2D.png

m0TGSNo.png

5UD5zf7.png

yjf5KC3.png

bt4uU7n.png

Vmg22vc.png

wr13Eu5.png

LvIeqNp.png

MPc0sef.png

mPRWrw2.png

NSOea7D.png