If you are having any issues logging in please contact: kyle@themodzoo.com

Sign in to follow this  
5200north

Has Anyone Had Any Experience Using Chrome Paint On Their Case

I'm planning on building my first computer and I'm trying to figure out as much as i can before i start. 

I've finally decided on starting with the white tempered glass version of the Fractal Design R6. 

I want to make all the exterior surfaces Chrome colored. The interior walls would be the original white of the R6 and as many parts that are silver or chrome colored as i can find. I thought that if the case was all painted the same silver or chrome color would be overkill.

so far i think i have three option:

1. find a local (Chicago) auto spray painting company and having them paint the parts chrome colored.  it would be better in quality and color but i imagine it may be hard to find and expensive. i still can't find a good estimate of what this would cost. 

2. use a good quality aerosol paint and do it myself. I have the room and some skills in paint but i don't want to put all my time, soul and money in a system that has just an okay finish. 

3. there are some new spray paint systems for a chrome finish that use a few different finishes and really look good (check out this video 

Aerosol painthttps://youtu.be/c9-wFTUhpT4), but my concern is that they are much more expensive than regular spray paint, and i don't want to find out that i still have a part or two to finish and I'm out of paint. 

i apologize for the long long post but i really want to make something special.

Johnny

No experience with any of it. :( Video is apparently silver-based, so it would tarnish if not clear-coated. 

There's also hydro-dip, and vacuum metalizing. I'd just add aluminum plates to the outside and polish the heck out of them personally. 

I haven't either.  Could always try stripping all the paint off everything, and getting friendly with a buffer and tin of Mothers polish lol  I think DoogieRick was doing that with a Mac G5 case