Sign in to follow this  
Porknz

Recommendations on adding to my loop.

My EK L360 has always held temps in check for my 1080ti and my 6700k, but I'm noticing with Battlefield V it's creeping from the normal upper 50's into the 70's now on my cpu.  I'm thinking it's time to add more than the three fan rad setup.  I initially figured I'd just purchase another matching EK L360, but I figured I'd ask here whether that seems like a good idea or not? 

Would that make too big a loop? 

Should I run a separate loop for the cpu and gpu? 

Is it more common to have all matching parts (two of the same kits) or is it okay to have mismatched cooling parts (if I go with two separate loops)? 

Is there any advantage to building a custom loop over a kit now that I've used my first kit and kind of have the just of it?

Thanks guys!

You should be able to add another rad. I have a ddc pushing 5x 120 rad space in GwassGween. -As long as you aren't pushing water 5 feet above the pump or something silly like that.

If your general temps are higher than normal, It may be something else like a gooped up block, or dried up thermal paste.

I'm not seeing temp changes in other games, so I think Battlefield is just pushing it harder than the rest.  If I add another rad and have 6x120 what would be my sign that the one pump isn't enough?  Is there some way to see if the flow slows down too much etc.?

Thanks.

Flow shouldn't be changed that much. Water doesn't compress like airflow does. In this case, something like all the rads in a vertical arrangement, or crazy height differences would affect it. if I remember, the ddc has about 18 feet of head pressure, so it can push water up a tube 18 feet. 

And again, GG's setup has 5x120, with a 1/2" ID tube pushing water into the top of the res 2 feet above the pump. You should be good inside a normal case area. The flow I have is ridiculous. 

If you really don't trust it, they do sell flow meters.

Learning a lot from this thread alone. Thanks for the tips!

By the way, newbie here. Whenever I'm taking a break from this particular interest, I'm usually found at home, watching my ferret play in his ferret nation cage and having fun with the wife and kids. Such a simple and noble life. Cheers, everyone! Have a nice day!