This was a quick scratch build I did as a Christmas gift to my parents.  It's got sort of mid-range hardware (older generations), and runs a Plex Media Server, so they can use it to record and watch TV shows, primarilly.  It's replacing a computer I built them 10 years ago, that was serving the same function (DVR), up until earlier this year when it stopped working correctly.

The front and top are birdseye maple, and the grain flows continuously up the front, around the corner, and down the top.  The bottom piece is mahogany, and both are finished with shellac and wax.  The rest of the chassis is made from plywood, painted black, and clear coated with semi-gloss rattle can.  

DSC_0345.jpg

DSC_0346.jpg

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0358.jpg

4 hours ago, Cheapskate said:

Too simple! Too brief! ?

Funny how one video can turn what would normally be a 6 post work log into one lol  

I'd like to do another one, where the focus is more on making the how to video than the case itself sometime in the future.  Something with a GPU, and PSU probably lol