soo im trying to make some covers for 2 of my radiators like this:

image.png.0f7c9262b3829015f634d2bf07daf7e3.png

but i am very new to manufacturing stuff myself and im not even sure how start doing this.

i thought i just ask the experts for help and guidance

Paper/cardboard is a good start.  Thickness on the aluminum really depends on how well it's made an how you will put this together. Annealed alu under 2mm will not be very stiff. Personally I use a lot of 1/8", but for a cover plate you could probably go a lot thinner.

-1mm-ish for bends. 2mm-1/8" if you fear warping it cutting. 

I'd recommend leaving a little space inside around the rad for glue glob around the cover seams. 

Material choice is a big question.  How much abuse is this gonna get?  If it's just a cover and inside a case, you might be able to get away with styrene which would be super easy to work with(exacto knife and some solvent) but if it needs to be a bit stronger you can move up to acrylic or aluminum.  1/8" cast acrylic would be pretty easy to make this out of, just cut out the parts and weld it together with some solvent or even super glue.  That's what I used for my first PSU cover and it was a good learner project.  Aluminum would be the most durable but only if you used 1mm or thicker.  I'd shoot for .05" 5052 alloy for something like this.  Anything thinner is harder to cut and really it just bends too easy.  Poke it with your finger and you get a dent.  Thicker and it gets harder to work with.

But aluminum is a rabbit hole to go down.  Alloys and annealing, brakes, boxing the ends.  If you're just looking at cutting out each side and gluing it together, acrylic would my choice.  Easier to cut and glue together and probably a little cheaper too.