rchiileea

CyberPunked Two 077

Hi all and welcome to my next mod project, CyberPunked Two 077, the name is reference to something, but I will leave that until the later stages for you guys to figure out, although I know you have figured out that of course this rig is going to be themed on cyberpunk 2077. Let begin this crazy journey with thanks to the sponsors involved in this.

image001.jpg

Website, Facebook, Youtube

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

I would like to thank all the sponsors involve who without none of this would be possible.

So First up shall we take a look at what the guts of the system is going to be?

image010.jpg

? yes I am amazed to, it’s going to be a beast, not only will we be using the Aorus C621 Xtreme motherboard, we have a 28 Core Intel Xeon W-3275 for the motherboard, also to top it off there are 2x 2080ti Gigabyte Gaming OC 11G cards.

image011.jpg

Need more idea of the size of this mobo, let me throw it into the lian li PC-011 dynamic XL version (which I will be using in the build).

image012.jpg

image013.png

As you can clearly see this is a monster of a motherboard, but I have plans for it, first though I need to fab a mount to make sure the board mounts correctly, Lian li do sell a E-ATX mount for this case as seen above, but its designed for another brands motherboard and would not work with this board, so here is what I came up with.

image014.jpg

So now I need to sand the raw alu down and paint it black then do some sanding on the edges to get the worn look. Moving back to the motherboard, let us take a look at it naked.

image015.jpg

Ermm yes that’s going to need some serious cooling, let’s see what we can do about that.

image016.jpg

The Bitspower block, is rather large and one of the ports sits under the IO, The main question here is do I keep the io shield and drill a hole through on the drill press, or do I leave it off, having looked at the reference images from the game, a lot of metal stuff seems to be worn down a bit. So I decided after cutting and sanding and prepping for paint I actually like the worn look a lot, so I removed the right chipset cooler as well and gave it the same treatment.

image017.jpg

Yes I did just take a very expensive motherboard and use 600 grit on the alu parts (of course removing them first :p), I made the rub down near the hole in the io panel more intense due to that I will poking a carbon black bitspower extension in there.  Anyway stay peeled as I add more stuff over the next couple of months and see what we can come up with in the end.

Small little update, some of you may know or not, my wife is very talented with a dremel at creating images from 1000s of dots, here is the start of the front panel engraving.

image001.jpgimage002.jpg 
image003.jpg 

Yes I know it's back to front, but it's being done on the inside, so once complete it will be flipped.

So it has been a while since the last update for obvious reasons, but lets crack on shall we, I wanted to paint the top panel and front side panel with a yellow and a bluey green pearl airbrush for the art I was putting down.

First the yellow basecoat and then flattening it was done

image001.jpgimage003.jpg 

Next it was time to airbrush the design onto the panels, then paint with a fine tip brush some smears onto it (extra paint blobbed down in some areas).

image003.jpg 

image004.jpg 

After doing this normally we would be moving onto flattening it smooth with a very fine compound, but as I wanted a worn look a coarse compound was used.

image005.jpg 

I am happy with the result, but as with previous mods, I always get ummm and ahhh and more, or should I have done less in my thoughts when doing wear on a buld. On the front panel IO ports I also took the file too them to add some wear and chipping as if the pc was worn a bit these ports should be the most worn.

image006.jpg 

image007.jpg 

On the top it’s a different story, I wanted to add wear but keep the cyberpunk logo more intact than the rest.

image008.jpg 

Then after this it was onto clearcoating, this will be done in stages to get a deep gloss finish, this is after stage one

image009.jpg 

So slowly coming along bit by bit, why I let the second coat of lacquer dry I moved onto the motherboard heatsinks and io shield, I decided despite what I had done earlier I wanted to do it different so painted them all matt black. Here was what inspired me from in game footage.

image010.jpg 

So I wanted to recreate this style onto the io shields and make it look like someone has used a key or something to scratch the designs in.

image011.jpg 

image012.jpg 

The worst thing about doing this was due to the size I had to do it with a sewing needle which my fingers did not like one bit, but we are moving along now with the build and more will follow.

Until next time.