Dave E

Where do you locate the radiators?

Hi ModMyMods,

My question is for this case where would you locate the water cooling radiators? Enough room? What size radiators?  Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic RGB Razer Edition Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black

I am working on planning my next build and I wanted to know if this case would work for watercooling for both CPU and GPU / video card. I have built several PCs but this will be my first watercooled PC. I attend 2 panels yous guys were on at PAX East and you guys are great! I need some help planning my next build.

Here is my preliminary game plan: RGB of course, need to start looking a specific brands

core i7 10700K

LGA 1200 Z490 MB

1TB SSD NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NvMe 3.0

32GB DDR-3600 RAM

GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB GDDR6

850 Watt Gold PS

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

SSD 2.5 drives

Thanks

Dave

Hi. Welcome to the Zoo. You kind of confused me, though. Is this a repost of an email for modmymods.com? 

That case looks like it can take at least 2 3 x 120 radiators. One would likely suffice. Were you wanting to know if you could stuff more radiators? -because it seems kind of obvious where they could go.

I'm with Cheaps, a single 360mm radiator should suffice, if you want more cooling capacity, a pair or 360mm radiators would be way more than enough... And you could even add an additional 240/280 after that I'm sure. 

And yes, seems pretty clear for where they should go on the side, the top, and the bottom

Ok, So a single 120mm triple (360mm) Radiator on the top would handle CPU and GPU? 

Would the loop then be GPU - Radiator - CPU ? Sorry, I am still learning this stuff

Thanks

Dave

Loop order can be whatever you want.  Some people will say you should go to a radiator between components, and while technically correct, the differences are minimal, and not worth the hassle, in my opinion.  I never consider that when building my loops, I just route whatever makes the most sense.  Whether that's what looks the best, or what's the easiest.  I don't get bent out of shape about loop order, as long as reservoir goes to pump, and you follow any in/out orientations on waterblocks, the rest is fine however you want to configure it