Sign in to follow this  
Mayhem-Modz

CYBERPUNK 2077 YAIBA KUSANAGI scratch build SPONSORED *HWLEGEND MODDING TEAM* CMWS20

hi guys a lot of work today, as always I specify that all the pieces are hand-worked duqnue without the use of cnc or laser cuts

well as always happens to me I redo the feet that I don't like them anymore so FEET 2.0 let's go !!

I studied a design that goes well with the rest, I take the curves and corners of the case

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I prepare the threaded spacers to be inserted between one element and another.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

once tested, finished, sanded and double checked, I proceed with the assembly

[IMG]

[IMG]

the elements overlap interspersed with data that I use as thickness and the cylinders previously cut and threaded
if I wanted to widen the base of these feet all I have to do is insert more thick bolts on the external ones, but I will decide later.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

here it is concluded, obviously they will be inserted in the lower part of the anti-vibration rubber and painted in matt anthracite gray with metal signs, like other elements of the yaiba

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I just have to try them on the case to verify the stability and the visual effect.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

the trim has risen a few centimeters I don't mind also because another cover panel will be inserted under the case to emulate the engine bumper

[IMG]

See you soon!!

it continues without respite I work is a lot and time is running out ..
today preparation of the side covers of the support arms, let's start ..

I got a cardboard template to calculate how the piece will be made, after many cuts and resizing here are the parts to cut out and fold on the acrylic.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

still some small improvements and we are ..

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

today technical tests on color.
I finish the new feet by painting them with matt anthracite and then with a solvent silver finish.

[IMG]

[IMG]

no doubt about the talken products, even if they do charge, they are always at the top.

[IMG]

I help myself with a rag soaked in silver and slowly I do nothing but follow the edges and go over them if they are not sufficiently defined.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

but now i can't wait to try this one

[IMG]

[IMG]

to be precise, the color of the yaiba kusanagi is a non-metallic anodized red even if this paint is the most similar and is more available on the market, the metallic paint has crystals that reflect the light
the color changes according to the reflected light.

this is I / O prepared previously.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

also on here I will pass the silver to simulate the erosion.

Wow that really came out well.  I love that red. 

The case feet also look good, the silver adds that weathered look to them.  Nicely done

the led tray is finished use the small but very efficient ARGB 5V EKWB led strips
we were left to the construction of the 2 panels today painting of the upper panel installation of the leds and test

the metallic red to get as close as possible to the one in the sample is necessary to give a coat of white, with primer primer it tends to darken because this metallic color is not completely covering.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

now the underside

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

white also serves to make the light extend better on the acrylic

[IMG]

[IMG]

I take this opportunity to paint even the motherboard and M2 heatsinks

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

since there are .... also some covers of the case.

[IMG]

[IMG]

here is the finished tray ..

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

for the most demanding small video with music ....

[VIDEO]

we proceed construction of the bumper ...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

the covers on the top are divided into 2 parts to facilitate my work, the final part of the tail will be LED with cyberpunk 2077 logo

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

side covers also here I will make various pieces that will be joined a little at a time

[IMG]

[IMG]

the pump and the tank will be in evidence essentially the covers will run around the tank will be filled with red liquid ....

well a lot of work .. modification of the frame (another time) on the back yaiba I turn the illuminated logo but to do this I need to create a space where to place the led strip I take advantage of the support.

[IMG]

[IMG]

ainting of the pistons, base of altracite gray and silver finish with solvete talken (a bomb)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

and now silver finish, these pistons will hardly be seen but I want to take care of every aspect.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

an LCD screen will be placed on the front the cyberpunk logo will be displayed in loop

[VIDEO]

[IMG]

[IMG]

in the meantime other panel painting ..

[IMG]

[IMG]

side panels where the air inlets will be present later everything will be clearer.

[IMG]

folding for 3 times

[IMG]

[IMG]

I realize that the acrylic has deformed in cooling down I have to fix it with putty to keep all the lines flat I apply some fiberglass putty to fill the curved areas and then some body filler which is much smoother and workable.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

give a coat of primer to make sure that the surface is completely smooth and without holes.

[IMG]

much better but I already see that areas need retouching ..

[IMG]

I proceed with a coat of primer on the bracket frame (coolermaster) for the gpu and suspension arms after coat of anthracite gray

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

now it's time to install the 5 "LCD screen it will be positioned on the front and will contain the looped CYBERPUNK logo first I create the supports I do not want to see screws outside the case and I prepare the 2 guides on which the monitor will be mounted

[IMG]

I calculate the measures and thicknesses well

I found these beautiful threaded nuts, in Italy they count an eye but on aliexpress they pull them back ..
they have finally arrived and therefore I put everything together I drill a 4mm hole and place the data on top

[IMG]

with the soldering iron all I do is place it on top

[IMG]

with the soldering iron all I do is place it on top and as if by magic the acrylic around melts all around and sinks into butter and then cools down immediately

[IMG]

great a clean and fast job

[IMG]

[IMG]

now it's time for the very delicate stage placement

[IMG]

my faithful glue ..

[IMG]

[IMG]

[VIDEO]

[IMG]

to best position the whole use as data shims and washers.

[VIDEO]

[IMG]

there he is..

[VIDEO]

today's work, creation of the housing of the 2 SSDs positioned on the outside of the case well visible on the back the discs will also be modded and painted first step I disassemble them and prepare their surface with primer-

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

prepare the structure .. if I have not done wrong my calculations should be like this, the graphics may change and it is temporary.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I create the threaded supports for mounting the case panel ..

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I create a panel that will be led with samurai logo ... will have two functions the first to fill the inside of the case and the other to hide some cables as well as give a nice extra touch to the whole mod. I start with the construction of the panel that will follow the shape of the motherboard tray

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

and now the support, an angled aluminum strip and I use it as a support will be fixed to the central plate of the case

[IMG]

[IMG]

aluminum bends very easily but cannot do it too much otherwise it breaks, the position of the corners must be studied well and moved as little as possible ...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

the LEDs will be positioned on the side in the recess of the strip

[IMG]

[IMG]

in the meantime, touch up on the base structure of the case and then go to paint

[IMG]

[IMG]

painting application of silver (I will save you the dilution because done other times) these are all the panels that will make up the internal structure and that will decisively strengthen the whole case support panels, led door, and main panel on which the motherboard will be mounted.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

ssd bay done

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

now after months the yaiba begins to unfold and show itself in all its glory for those who have followed me in these months will feel great satisfaction in seeing the assembly some lateral supports. essentially these panels are connected to each other with threaded steel cores and thicknesses keep them in place it was very complicated to distribute all the space as everyone knows I don't use machinery and everything was hand made old school.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

now it's time to insert the structure inside the frame and fix everything permanently ..

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

here is a lot of anthracite gray but it will be 40% when all the external parts in metallic red are inserted

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Last edited: 24 Nov 2020

I assemble some parts of the fairing to realize

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I do not exclude adding other parts in acrylic to accentuate the line of the yaiba

[IMG]

I proceed with the construction of the upper aerators

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

then I will insert the slats inside painted in anthracite gray, creating a contrast with the metallic red

[IMG]

is time to paint some parts, the weather is not favorable, it rains ... but I have to go on

[IMG]

[IMG]

provisional assembly of fan grill

[IMG]

[IMG]

I have to calculate the dimensions for the cables inside even if it seems absurd there is little space.

silver finish on some parts

[IMG]

[IMG]

step back but necessary, I realized that I don't like the side panels anymore they are too protruding and from double pega it widens the internal space a lot and since the temple tightens .....
I decide to do them again ... youppyeee !!!

[IMG]

[IMG]

this is the panel ..

[IMG]

proceed with the realization of the internal slats to emulate the air vents.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I calculate the thicknesses of the acrylic elements well, i.e. 2 mm for the slats and 4 mm for the thicknesses, everything must fit together perfectly otherwise it's a mess.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I glue everything ..

[IMG]

it is always annoying to redo pieces and you lose a lot of time especially if you have to do them by hand like me but the result pays off in the end .. it had to be done!

[IMG]

[IMG]

once completed, the slightly recessed panels (5MM) will be cut in perfect shape to give a depth effect.

[IMG]

[IMG]

that's fine!

[IMG]

as we have already understood this project even if it started with a very specific idea is a work in progress, some unforeseen parts are realized along the way as in this passage.

I realize that although the fairing is beautiful it is flat, I prepare other external panels that attach to the existing panels to give a depth effect that was missing, these panels will join those already made for the external ones with air vents made previously.

I use the usual procedure, all by hand, cardboard template, study of the measurements, cut with a manual hacksaw and refinish 80 gr sandpaper for smoothing and 220 gr for finishing. obviously all the panels are unique the measures are taken side by side, because this mod is made entirely by hand and the individual pieces are not mirrored.

[IMG]

use of two-component fiberglass putty to close the cracks generated by the bending.

[IMG]

t's time to place them to take measurements for the fixing holes. at first glance I see that they will still need to be finished.

[IMG]

[IMG]

perfection is not of this world but let's try to get as close as possible .. :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

now guys it's getting serious. preparation of the slats that will be positioned inside the side panels. 2mm thick acrylic interspersed with 4mm acrylic

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

painting of the side panels that will hook onto those already made previously

[IMG]

[IMG]

preparation of the air outlets that will be positioned at the bottom ..

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

lots of patience....

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

we assemble everything.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

the paint is fantastic but will be worn and YAIBA graphics applied

[IMG]

That's really coming along well.  Love the paint, and with graphics and weathering that will really look amazing.

Did you get the Cyberpunk game!  And, if you did, did you think about tweaking any of the build now that you have played the game?

When a problem is created, the solution is a must, but sometimes it happens that the ripiuego proves to be better than the initial idea, as in this case. The fan of the 200 mm coolermaster takes up a lot of space on the back and therefore I don't know where to fix the controller what remains is right, the cables, so how to do? I lack space so I have to create it ... the ek waterblocks controller (I know it has software problems and its sale has been suspended, so we look forward to the new release ...) I place it on a low, I create a crankcase to emulate the oil pan of the motorcycle, we will apply finishing wear and logos at the end, since it needs specific measures I build it from scratch.

rIUif0O.jpg

H5SyKmf.jpg

I fix everything with glue and finish with fiberglass stucco to consolidate everything.

cHPOr4F.jpg

K04d2XK.jpg

and here it is, primer coats, grouting with metal filler, and when the surface is good enough and smooth anthracite gray coat

yYpIMxL.jpg

I will also pierce the lower fairing.

XIUQKOW.jpg

he casing will be hooked from below and will contain the controller and the related rgb and fan power cables ...

lNeNXR4.jpg

On 12/24/2020 at 10:16 PM, RcRon7 said:

That's really coming along well.  Love the paint, and with graphics and weathering that will really look amazing.

Did you get the Cyberpunk game!  And, if you did, did you think about tweaking any of the build now that you have played the game?

yes I also have other ideas but let's see how the game works ...

realization of the last upper front and back cover panels

I do all the tests on paper when everything is in measure for the folds

I prepare the acrylic sheet that will be folded, puttyed and fixed to the case with M3 countersunk screws

I5k856S.jpg

bending...

kGUkbXN.jpg

P5hprdT.jpg

the second one,  back..

ApMZypT.jpg

LePdhTo.jpg

now fixing with fiberglass filler and then for metal bodywork.

install thermo applicable threaded bolts

x47jTNr.jpg

xBOYemA.jpg

npVjm82.jpg

vC88O1a.jpg

P2zf6uh.jpg

PaXpVBx.jpg

further modification.

gr64aSY.jpg

B76dFY2.jpg

A1CE5TT.jpg

front panel buttons