nice and CLEAN build..... all of your planning and patience paid off nicely

and Merry Christmas!

Thanks Bill ive been off modding for a while, and im likely to stay off modding for a year or two more... but i cant stay away forever. I´ve  been helping some mates getting staret with either modding or watercooling. I hope to bring an update with a delid and gpu swap and hopefully some sleeving.

For now this was Peter Wibe Enevoldsen Out.

Ill be Back!

its been a long time, but i think its time to give Tundra some much needed love. Old habits die hard so im back to gaming still only battlefield thou. the single 6950 thats currently in the rig just is not cutting it anymore. SSD storage is way too small and so is Hdd storage. It needs new fluids and a good clean so here is the plan

• gtx 970 with fullcover block and backplate
  • 500gb SSD 
  • 3 liters of myhems pastel fluid 

and then there is the list of things i want but sorta cant fund currently like 

• 2-4 TBs Hdd 
  • 1440p monitor
  • 16 GB RAM

the gpu is by far the most exepensive item and it has to be a 970 as they are the lowest end gpu with a fullcover block available ( im not running running an air cooled gpu when i have a 480 and 360 rad already. im hoping for someting interesting from the amd 3XX series but yeah.... Acceping all hardware suggestions!   

storeage is not a real problem as i have a 8 tb rais array on the network but i still need to get that running.

on a side note product photos should be great as my skills with my 70D have become pretty good over the 17K photos ive shot with it.

pictures and actual progress when i start to disasemble the system and order parts.

Thats all for now

//PWE 

so to no surprise its now like 7 years since i started this mod and im still working on it 

since the last update in 2015 i upgraded to a 970 until i last year decided that most of the hardware was due for an upgrade 

so the current specs are 

2700x with EKWB block 

2080 strix with EKWB block and backplate 

asus 470f strix mobo 

samsung 970 evo 1tb 

samsung 860 evo 

32 gb Corsair RAM

NB Eloop fans for all rads and full hardtube loop

yZRhvAn.jpg

NAictuL.jpg

i have cabels on order at PEXONS so once they come in im breaking down the entire system for sleeving and re plumbing the loop

ALSO thank you for keeping the forum alive i love this place so much 

a friend of mine recently got a 3d printer and, naturally i've been taking full advantage of that getting a host of plates, brackets guides and minor tools designed and printed agoPXxX.jpgzbaodYE.jpgfBEyJuA.jpgG1SJw4S.jpgQI9Y9vQ.jpg

my cabels from Pexon came in 

XxkTnH1.jpgG47l2Xt.jpge48R2Uc.jpg

so i had to cut the case a bit more to make room for the cabels down the back of the case 

PJMdfx4.jpgLFQrrBh.jpg

so with that done i installed the cables and worked them in to place, here is a before and after  

x7oHovK.jpga05PDH3.jpgDNbRIOT.jpg

one of the goals was to make the loop easy to work on and clean up the look of it, top side of the case just needs rotated cpu block and new tubing the bottom is however another challenge, in the image below you can see that the pump is basically wedged in place by the tube coming off the rad/res, so its impossible to remove easily, plan is to run the pump of a 90 degree bend of the backside of the 4 way block 43jot5s.jpg

also the parallel tubes going to/from the cpu/gpu are not parallel with anything, not each other not the roof of the basement, this is because the radiator sits 4mm too far inside the case and would push against the fittings hopefully i can fix that soon. 

i'm currently working on learning fusion 360 but coming from sketchup is hard.. 

i'm waiting for my top motherboard tray bracket to be printed along with some more bending guides i drew up 1KR4ieh.png

that's all for now  

corona virus killed my momentum, i had a lot of prints planned and wiring to make and run, ive had to leave my student apartment in sweden and go home to denmark. its fustrating that when i finally get it all planned out i cant work on it for months