Hey guys I am starting a new project except this one is actually going to be for my personal daily use computer.

It will be a completely customized Cosmos II that will not resemble the original Cosmos except for some slight resemblance.

Sponsors for this build are:

Cooler Master

MNPCTECH

List of parts to be used:

Cosmos II

3 EVGA GTX Titans(hydrocopper) in triple SLI

Motherboard: to be determined but it will be a Haswell chipset motherboard

CPU: Haswell (to be determined upon release)

Swiftech GPU waterblocks

CPU waterblock: Swiftech

PUMPS: 2 Swiftech pumps

Reservoirs: to be determined

Rads: 1 480, 1 360 & 1 240 (to be determined)

Fans: Cooler Master Excaliburs

PSU: to be determined

Sleeving: MDPC

Coolant: Alphacool pure water and Mayhems to be determined

SSD's: 6 SSD's in RAID 0 possibly Plextors or Samsung Pro series

Mnpctech Pre-Ordering page for Cooler Master Cosmos II Clear Window Panel

cmII_cm2_cosmos_cooler_master_clear_window_panel_mnpctech.jpg

cmII_cm2_cosmos_cooler_master_clear_window_panel_120mm_fan_holes_mnpctech1.jpg

cmII_cm2_cosmos_cooler_master_clear_window_panel_120mm_fan_holes_mnpctech3.jpg

Basically I am completely stripping down this case, removing the midplate and fabricating my own based on the motherboard when it is released. Also the entire front I/O shield will be deleted and a 480 rad will be mounted there after I delete the entire 5.25" bays and the HDD bays. I will be using an overkill grill from MNPCTECH on the intake. I will be mounting a 360 rad up top and also using a MNPCTECH overkill grill there after I fabricate the flush mounting solution around the current top panel. Not quite sure if I will be able to get a 360 grill or have to get 3 individual grills or not but either way you have the general idea of the look I am going for.

Also I am almost sure that I will be housing both pumps down below in the PSU section of the case. The top handles will be deleted from the case as well as the roll bar type feet currently on the case. The side panel will be a solid custom acrylic side panel that will be mounted directly to the factory oem door hinge so you will be able to see every inch of the inside of this case mod.

Here are some basic pictures of what I have deleted so far out of the case. (Definitely getting rid of the Octopus front I/O shield, just has way too many wires for my taste and I will be installing a custom fan controller)

100_4443.jpg

100_4442.jpg

100_4441.jpg

100_4439.jpg

100_4438.jpg

100_4436.jpg

100_4435.jpg

100_4380.jpg

How in the world are you need 3 titan's for your daily use?

Even crysis 3 will cry with 2 titan's already.

It's not that I need them but more like I want them and I do quite a lot of benchmarking/overclocking contests etc. as well as game at 6000 x 1080p . I will also be getting 3 2560 x 1600 resolution monitors and once I enable surround that will equate to 7680 x 1600 (unplayable with even 4 GTX 680's) . Not to mention that this is a gigantic case and It needs to be filled with hardware and it needs to be the best hardware.

The way I see it everything I do is overkill but that's just how I am. I have been using 3 GTX 680's and they don't even have enough Vram to play comfortably at 6000 x 1080p at max settings.

Yeah I have been spinning circles in my head on what to do with this case. I think a lot of custom metal work is going to be at hand as well as a possible bit of a new learning curve on some fiberglass sculpting ideas...lol

Well as some of you know I got in 2 of the GTX Titans today. I have to say these are the nicest looking and feeling air cooled cards I have ever owned. Swiftech blocks will be coming hopefully within less than a week as well as backplates. Here are some pictures.

IMG_20130321_221643_970.jpg

IMG_20130321_221928_876.jpg

IMG_20130321_222104_028.jpg

Have around 7 weeks to wait till 480 overkill grills so I can fab out the entire front bezel of the cosmos II as well as the top extension.

Thanks for paving the way on that quad grill! He is making me a quad ring grill sometime after your stuff gets done. I know you had to wait a while for them to get setup to do it. Yours Is going to look Incredible on that case.

something I was thinking of trying... putting a waterblock on while keeping the shroud. it's a nice looking shroud. don't know if it's possible, but will have to try when I get my hands on them.

It's very possible if you use one of the universal, core-only GPU blocks. I have a friend on the Overclock3D forums that did that with his and I think it turned out epic. I don't know if it's illegal to post a link to another forum on here, so PM me for the link to the post if you want to use the pics for reference.

Hey everybody I apologize for taking so long to post any updates.  This will be just a short post to let everyone know that I received my clear side panel and the 480 overkill grills from MNPCTECH and an aweseome MNPCTECH t-shirt.  Thank you very much Bill!

I have to slightly put this mod on hold because I am moving from California to the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota.  I leave on June 5th return to California on the 12th and then will be driving my truck and trailer back to Sturgis South Dakota on June 15th.  At that point I will be diving into this mod head first.

The great news is due to my new job I have complete access to milling machines, lathes, cnc machines, end formers and daily pickups for chrome and powder coating since we make custom exhausts for motorcycles.  My family has been in the industry since the beginning of custom bike building in the 70's and I have been progressing towards this for quite some time now.  In all honesty this move will provide my family and I a better life up in the Black Hills.  No state tax, all 4 seasons and the ability to own acres of land and actually shoot guns on my own property without consequence.   

Now I will be able to make a small drive the next time you guys have the midwest modders roundup or whatever it's called.  :)

Wish me luck and again thank you for all your support.

I love the Black hills ! we used to go rock climbing in the needles up around Custer.  You will need fur lined under ware in the winter though. I'm trying to decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing?