Rules of The Mod Zoo Forums

General Rules

1. Listen to the Admins and Moderators, they are the keepers of the peace.

2. Registering for the purpose of spamming, harassing, insulting, or starting trolling in will result in a ban, we do not want to ban you! This includes offensive usernames, multiple accounts, etc.

3. Children will be around the zoo, please keep your language clean.

4. If you advertise or solicit a website, product, services, sales, competitors, or any other forum that is detrimental to The Mod Zoo and associated companies you'll be warned, and if not removed, you'll be banned. This includes use of private messages to other forum members.

5. If you regularly break the rules, expect to be warned, then banned. We have other things to do.

Posting Content

1. TheModZoo.com forums are dedicated to computer case modding, and related topics ONLY unless otherwise specified in the thread. Posts that stray off-topic will be deleted, and the user may be notified by PM. This isn't personal, it makes it easier to follow worklogs.

2. The first thing you must do after registering and reading these rules is fill out your user profile, mainly your location. This is so that we can help you!

3. We do not like text such as "wat" for what, "U" for you, lack of punctuation, etc etc... Ignoring this rule will just annoy everyone, it is not that hard! There is of course the exception for those that English is a second language.

4. Posting of any content which is offensive whatever a person's race, colour, ethnic 
or national origin, religion, beliefs, sex, age, physical or mental disability, state of 
health, appearance, status, family circumstances is not acceptable.

5. We all start somewhere, please be constructive with your posts, if you cannot be constructive do not post at all.

7. Do not post stupidly large images, we all hate loading times!

9. Do not post anything describing, discussing, or asking about illegal activities, pirated software, hacking, or anything else that you could get in trouble for.

10. You may post up to 40 pictures per post, but if you abuse this by posting 3-4 times in a row all with 40 pictures, the posts will be deleted.

11. Posts with broken image links will be deleted.

12. No Double Posting You may not post more than once in a row in the same thread unless you're a Mod Zoo Admin or Moderator. You may not re-post identical content from one thread to another thread or subforum. The only time double posting is allowable is when relocating a worklog from another website to The Mod Zoo Forums to abide by our "40 pictures per post" limit.

13. Only Vendors with approved subforum on the Mod Zoo Forums are allowed to post links to facebook giveaways. Mod Zoo members are not allowed to post links to facebopok giveaways.

Rules: Misc

Forum sigs and avatars - no outside advertising, questionable content, or other things that break previous rules are allowed.

Welcome to The Mod Zoo

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kier

Project: Guilty

58 posts in this topic

Hi fellow modders,

It was a matter of time but here it is... my first real scratch build

Thanks to Nate from E22 for the design.

Sometimes you see a design with a wow factor. This happend too me with this design. After some consultation we decided to try to build this design.

Nate the design and I'm building.

Sponsored by:

EKWB.jpg

asus.jpg

highflow.png

And designed by:

banner-1.jpg

The design:

15B.jpg

The hardware that comes in is still a suprise...even for me ;)/> , but anyway there will be an SLI set and some cool watercooling

After buying aluminum strips and other stuff at the hardware store, it was time to start building. After some fitting and measuring the frame was created. I still had an old Mobo tray from a old TJ07.

DSC00517.jpg

DSC00515.jpg

DSC00513.jpg

Cut some plates of acrylic and placed it.

DSC00518.jpg

For measuring I have an old blown up Classified.

DSC00521.jpg

DSC00523.jpg

DSC00524.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

Made the door/ cover for the PSU

DSC00531.jpg

And cut to size the front plate

DSC00533.jpg

Now it's a matter of drawing lines on the inside. The result after sawing and filing.

DSC00537.jpg

DSC00535.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

Cut holes for the fans at the front and the lid on top covered with acrylic

DSC00554.jpg

Covers closed

DSC00552.jpg

Placed some nice 120mm http://www.highflow.nl/fans/ventilatoren/northq/northq-120mm-3711rl-silent-tornado.html" href="http://www.highflow.nl/fans/ventilatoren/northq/northq-120mm-3711rl-silent-tornado.html]http://www.highflow.nl/fans/ventilatoren/northq/northq-120mm-3711rl-silent-tornado.html">NorthQ fans to see how it looks.

DSC00549.jpg

DSC00547.jpg

DSC00544.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

DSC00540.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

More updates coming very soon ;)/>

I love the desing of this project. The grear space that it has in the botton of the case is what i always look for in a case.

Definitely i will follow this thread.

Thanks you guys, appreciate the comments :)

Update!!!

Sponsored by:

EKWB.jpg

asus.jpg

highflow.png

Designed by:

banner-1.jpg

Another update :)/> Need to catch up with my FB updates ;)/>

I have covered the acrylic panels with matte black vinyl and installed some fans to see how it looks

DSC00558.jpg

DSC00562.jpg

DSC00563.jpg

And cut two acrylic plates. 1 for the controller (aquaero VF) and 1 for the lamptron switches

Also blackened with vinyl

DSC00582.jpg

DSC00581.jpg

DSC00579.jpg

DSC00575.jpg

DSC00573.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

DSC00569.jpg

I want to build this one without too much cost, so in this build if possible, all kind of stuff that I allready have.

The first idea was to purchase a 480 rad, but also overhere a bit crisis. So it's becoming two 240 rads. That's why I made ​​the front panel again with the fanholes more apart.

Side effect is that it looks better i think, left-center-right all the same sizes between them

DSC00612.jpg

This also blackened and polished the edges.

DSC00632.jpg

Placed the mobo with some EKWB blocks. And naturally straight tubes

DSC00616.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

Almost straight

DSC00618.jpg

DSC00625.jpg

DSC00629.jpg

DSC00635.jpg

Designed by E22, built by Kier...

Winning combination if ever I saw one :D

The Aquaero/Lamptron console looks great mate and coupled with your trademark straight tubing :wub:

:o design.. love how the fans at the bottom are put together, i need more lol love everything about this build. will be following for more updates. : )

Man that is so nice. WOW I appreciate your reality check on using some stuff that you already have! most of us living in the real world don't have the money for $6000.00 builds. The E22 design is trade mark and you got the skill to pull it off. Did I say WOW!

May I ask what is that s3xy looking motherboard at the last sets of picture where you run straight tubes.

Anyway, I love your build. With that matte black, I WANNA TOUCH IT.

:o/> design.. love how the fans at the bottom are put together, i need more lol love everything about this build. will be following for more updates. : )

Thanks mate ;)

Man that is so nice. WOW I appreciate your reality check on using some stuff that you already have! most of us living in the real world don't have the money for $6000.00 builds. The E22 design is trade mark and you got the skill to pull it off. Did I say WOW!

Also crisis overhere, but we keep smiling :D

May I ask what is that s3xy looking motherboard at the last sets of picture where you run straight tubes.

Anyway, I love your build. With that matte black, I WANNA TOUCH IT.

It's a Gigabyte Z68X-UD4, and thanks B)

Oooohhh its pretty :)/>

Thank you ;)

Awesome desing and build.

I really love how that straight tubes looks like.

Nice Work Mate!!!!

Thanks!!!

Nice project.

Thinking will it fit long gpus?

Thank you, I have about 30cm...more then enough :)

Update!!!

Sponsored by:

EKWB.jpg

asus.jpg

highflow.png

And designed by:

banner-1.jpg

This time a big update.

To start with the rad brackets. Dont want this to be too complicated because I still want enough space behind.

Just a plate with an aluminium edge.

DSC00637.jpg

DSC00638.jpg

And have it rest on the horizontal bars

DSC00641.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

Next job ... a PSU cover. Measured and cut a piece of acrylic and drawn the shape of the PSU grill.

DSC00644.jpg

Cut the grill shape

DSC00645.jpg

Made a bracket ​​to keep the PSU in place.

DSC00653.jpg

And placed it

DSC00656.jpg

Removed the tape

DSC00658.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

Polished the edges

DSC00662.jpg

DSC00666.jpg

Now a little bit time consuming work ... in other builds I've done this before. Ie. single wires true holes.

A piece of acrylic, take some measurements on the PSU outputs, and drill some holes

DSC00668.jpg

Done by hand so not all straight but this will not be visible later on.

Pasted red vinyl and put sleeved extensions true the holes

DSC00671.jpg

Placed and plugged in

DSC00674.jpg

DSC00676.jpg

DSC00677.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00683.jpg

Did the same thing to the PCI-e cables

DSC00688.jpg

DSC00690.jpg

Nice sleeve curtain

DSC00691.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

All is finished, 24-pins, PCI-e, CPU and molex

DSC00695.jpg

DSC00702.jpg

A lot of work, but then you have something ;)/>

DSC00703.jpg

DSC00704.jpg

DSC00708.jpg

DSC00711.jpg

DSC00712.jpg

DSC00714.jpg

Dismantled everything again because I had a nice idea. Placed a LED strip under the edge of the acrylic cover.

red :)/>

DSC00805.jpg

DSC00807.jpg

DSC00810.jpg

Once busy with LED strips, I came up with the idea of placing some more strips underneath the fans for more red edges.

DSC00811.jpg

DSC00812.jpg

DSC00815.jpg

DSC00823.jpg

DSC00825.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

More to come!!!

Great job on the lighting effect on the PSU cover, love it!!!

As regards the PSU cabling... You realise along with the straight tubing you've just set a new standard for the rest of us to creatively aspire to Richard B)

Looking great bud :D

Amazing job!

What's the diameter for the holes - for PSU?

Thanks, 4mm

Lol whaaaat! This is why I loooove scratchbuilds!

Me too...finally ;)

Great job on the lighting effect on the PSU cover, love it!!!

As regards the PSU cabling... You realise along with the straight tubing you've just set a new standard for the rest of us to creatively aspire to Richard B)

Looking great bud :D

Lol, thanks :D

Update!!!

Sponsored by:

EKWB.jpg

asus.jpg

highflow.png

And designed by:

banner-1.jpg

Last update to end the weekend.

The first front plate I have made ​​new with different measurments for the fans, so first one was over.

Cut the Fanholes.

DSC00942.jpg

Some small changes

DSC00943.jpg

Cleaned

DSC00944.jpg

And made an opening for better reaching the aquaero and res

DSC00946.jpg

Made it black again

DSC00949.jpg

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00949.jpg

Placed 2 other GPUs for measurments. Still waiting for the hardware .... and I want to go on :)/>

So no time for waiting ;)/>

DSC00870.jpg

Tubing time!!!

Can't help it but I need to have everything straight ... think it's starting to get an obsession ;)/>

CPU going up

DSC008931.jpg

And GPU's going up

DSC008871.jpg

Nice and clean

DSC00892.jpg

DSC008771.jpg

DSC00873.jpg

For now connected it with adapters, but soon with acrylic tubes. Still need to make nice plate for this.

DSC00957.jpg

DSC00955.jpg

DSC00917.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

Some detail shots

DSC00915.jpg

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00923.jpg

DSC00926.jpg

DSC00927.jpg

DSC00934.jpg

DSC00935.jpg

DSC00938.jpg

DSC00940.jpg

Last think I did is making ​​the midplate black. This is finished (I think) because I will run the PCI-e cables through the slanted plate.

DSC00961.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

DSC00967.jpg

DSC00973.jpg

DSC00963.jpg

That's it for this weekend ;)/>

Oh man that is too sexy! That lighting, the straight wires, and tubes!! Just set the new bar for the rest of us to try to catch up to.. Just always 4 steps ahead of the pack ain't ya kier

That is without a doubt the most insane psu cable management I have ever seen.  Bravo

I look forward to the finished product.  This is going to be sweet.