If you are having any issues logging in please contact: kyle@themodzoo.com

FYI -- Don't mod with your gear installed unless you know what you're doing and know how to isolate and protect things!

Unless you are working with plastic.:D I still have plastic chips lolling around in the bottom of Bloo. -possibly a few dead animals too.  Aw, shit. I'm unconsciously rhyming again...

Happyfrog.gif

Hello mah honey hello mah baby!

DROOOOL.gif Sweet mother Fraq-ton! Pretty work man!!! Not your avarage plumbing layout there, love it. Can't wait to see what you do with the wiring.

Unless you are working with plastic. :D I still have plastic chips lolling around in the bottom of Bloo. -possibly a few dead animals too.  Aw, shit. I'm unconsciously rhyming again...

LOL, this is true!  Hahahahaha

OMG not much more to say then that ! Great Job EEL !

Thanks, bro!

Happyfrog.gif

Hello mah honey hello mah baby!

DROOOOL.gif Sweet mother Fraq-ton! Pretty work man!!! Not your avarage plumbing layout there, love it. Can't wait to see what you do with the wiring.

Hahahaha!  Thanks, man

can you give us a couple of shots of the whole case? it's nice (at least for me) to have a few wide angle shots from time to time. Great work.

Geeeeeez.  Biggest build I've ever seen.  I'm jealous you get to work on it!

Don't be....  it's not a cakewalk, believe me...

can you give us a couple of shots of the whole case? it's nice (at least for me) to have a few wide angle shots from time to time. Great work.

I'm like Casey Kasem; I don't do requests!  ;) 

In all seriousness, I'll get the log wrapped up soon and more will be revealed!

Another modest update.  This project will be coming to a close shortly, so I need to tidy up some short-ends on things soon.  On with the update!

I'm continuing to work on the plumbing for the 60+ loops that seem to be present, and it seems like space is becoming a commodity in an otherwise-modest enclosure.  Such is life, right?

hubris_131.jpg

hubris_132.jpg

I was able to finish up on getting the rads built up with the slow-spinning Corsair fans...

hubris_133.jpg

I began work on the second system's loops as well so I can streamline the filling process; i.e. doing it all at once.  In a modest fashion, of course.  The second system's loops would theroretically be the same as the first system, only the Inverted-ATX orientation created some interesting situations.  It doesn't always work out so perfectly, but in all honesty I prefer an Inverted-ATX orientation over regular any day.  It just looks cooler to me.  ;)

hubris_134.jpg

To control the modest amount of fans in this double-rig, I decided on an equally-modest (and awesome) fan controller...Fractal Design's Adjust 108.  Two of them, of course.  One for each system.

hubris_135.jpg

In all seriousness, it's quite a sexy controller, and so nondescript and elegant looking too.  A modest 36w/channel too.  Beastly brushed-aluminum (aluminium for Kyle) faceplate and every wire has a label on it telling you what bloody channel it is.  I know that's not something new, but swimming in the odoriferous waters of crappy fan controllers one tends to not see such lovely treatment when it really should be expected.  And really, a label on a wire seems like common sense, right? 

I won't name any names, but there are a few out there that call themselves "fan control experts" and they don't utilize such elementary intelligence...

hubris_136.jpg

Oh yeah, here's a shot of the PSU's modest power cord for some subdued laughs...

hubris_137.jpg

I need to begin the leaktesting phase on some of the loops.  Fluid chosen is Ice Dragon, for a clean, sexy, and most-important, modest approach.

hubris_138.jpg

The fillports added have already paid off for the time to be saved going forward for feeding any of the systems' loops.

hubris_139.jpg

System #1 Loop #1 already working out quite well.  It's amazing the amount of fluid these Monsta rads drink up...  Very modest!

hubris_140.jpg

Fillport leads working out well!

hubris_141.jpg

To streamline the wiring runs for the fan controllers among other system wires, I decided to drop in my own slots in the divider plates on each side of the case, and line it with some channel-molding.  A simple, easy mod that really works out well when you need it.  The plates will sit right above the fan controllers on both sides of the case to allow all the leads from the fans to reach the controller relatively-nondescript.

hubris_142.jpg

Like this!

hubris_143.jpg

I also wanted to install some elegant lighting to comply with the client's wish for some "non-flashy, clean looking" lighting, so I decided on some simple LED strips run to a couple of latching switches installed on a couple of bay covers, like this.  In white, of course.

hubris_144.jpg

...And installed, right with the fan controller, so all the wiring can go through the modded slot on the plate.

hubris_145.jpg

White LED strip hidden just under the lip toward the edge of the main chamber, running the majority of the length to cast a soft, white light in there.  Nothing flashy!  And most of all, very modest.

hubris_146.jpg

Shot of the 1st system leak-testing...  Obviously, still a work-in-progress. 

hubris_147.jpg

Hopefully I'll be back soon with more since this project is getting close to popping out of the pan.  Thank you for watching and see you soon! 

Don't forget to put some cloth on the forklift blades when you move that.:lol: 

-Speaking of: I lost track of how many wheels you put on. I think only 4 will cut through carpet.

Don't forget to put some cloth on the forklift blades when you move that. :lol:

-Speaking of: I lost track of how many wheels you put on. I think only 4 will cut through carpet.

LOL.  It's true!  Actually it glides pretty easily, but it hasn't gone onto shag just yet.  ;)

Epic Build... So modest it screams 

About as modest as the government's budget!  ;)

This thing just keeps getting bigger and better. Love the attention to detail. 

Thanks, bro!

Mmmm a Fractal Design fan controller... waiting for one of those bad boys for my server.  Build is looking great :)

It's a nice controller.  It really is.  I love the color switch on voltage change, blue to white.

Is this behemoth still in your way?

Always.  LOL.  Have some current modest changes with hardware, but it's almost done!

It's to Big to fit on the Album cover. (    Insert Joke Here   )   This will have to be a center fold.

Hahahah!  Actually, pics of the build are in the current issue of CPU Magazine in the 'Mod Masters' section, located here, starting on page 47 through 55.  I guess it's kind of a centerfold, lol.

Always.  LOL.  Have some current modest changes with hardware, but it's almost done!

Lol, what modest hardware changes could there be? 680's too much so they had to be down graded to 780's or Titan's?

"900 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question." -Earthworm Jim

...Remember when that number was humorously absurd?

What is the current tally, BTW?

I see a quad channel 32gb memory kit. So it should be 96gb right now.