Rules of The Mod Zoo Forums

General Rules

1. Listen to the Admins and Moderators, they are the keepers of the peace.

2. Registering for the purpose of spamming, harassing, insulting, or starting trolling in will result in a ban, we do not want to ban you! This includes offensive usernames, multiple accounts, etc.

3. Children will be around the zoo, please keep your language clean.

4. If you advertise or solicit a website, product, services, sales, competitors, or any other forum that is detrimental to The Mod Zoo and associated companies you'll be warned, and if not removed, you'll be banned. This includes use of private messages to other forum members.

5. If you regularly break the rules, expect to be warned, then banned. We have other things to do.

Posting Content

1. TheModZoo.com forums are dedicated to computer case modding, and related topics ONLY unless otherwise specified in the thread. Posts that stray off-topic will be deleted, and the user may be notified by PM. This isn't personal, it makes it easier to follow worklogs.

2. The first thing you must do after registering and reading these rules is fill out your user profile, mainly your location. This is so that we can help you!

3. We do not like text such as "wat" for what, "U" for you, lack of punctuation, etc etc... Ignoring this rule will just annoy everyone, it is not that hard! There is of course the exception for those that English is a second language.

4. Posting of any content which is offensive whatever a person's race, colour, ethnic 
or national origin, religion, beliefs, sex, age, physical or mental disability, state of 
health, appearance, status, family circumstances is not acceptable.

5. We all start somewhere, please be constructive with your posts, if you cannot be constructive do not post at all.

7. Do not post stupidly large images, we all hate loading times!

9. Do not post anything describing, discussing, or asking about illegal activities, pirated software, hacking, or anything else that you could get in trouble for.

10. You may post up to 40 pictures per post, but if you abuse this by posting 3-4 times in a row all with 40 pictures, the posts will be deleted.

11. Posts with broken image links will be deleted.

12. No Double Posting You may not post more than once in a row in the same thread unless you're a Mod Zoo Admin or Moderator. You may not re-post identical content from one thread to another thread or subforum. The only time double posting is allowable is when relocating a worklog from another website to The Mod Zoo Forums to abide by our "40 pictures per post" limit.

13. Only Vendors with approved subforum on the Mod Zoo Forums are allowed to post links to facebook giveaways. Mod Zoo members are not allowed to post links to facebopok giveaways.

Rules: Misc

Forum sigs and avatars - no outside advertising, questionable content, or other things that break previous rules are allowed.

Welcome to The Mod Zoo

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Please visit Our webstore for PC & Case Mod Supplies from Mnpctech!

2010.mnpctech.banner.jpg

PC-7%20Plus-b.jpg

We modified the PC-7 plus aluminum mid tower from Lian Li for our good friend Ric Mirto!

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZe.jpg

Case accessories made for this build, included machined 120mm Dragon fan grill, fan control knobs, and Mnpctech Gaming PC aluminum handles, black anodized

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZx.jpg

heavy_duty_handle_black_aluminum_mnpctech.com.jpg

Mnpctech Gaming PC aluminum handles

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZv.jpg

Here are some resources Mnpctech.com recommends for helping you create your custom PC Case Mods and parts.

Laser Cutting Service, Inc.

803 41st Street North

Birmingham, Alabama 35212

205-595-7070 FAX 205-595-7021

E-MachineShop

Emachineshop gives you the ability to make parts using injection molding, milling, turning, laser cutting, waterjet cutting, bending. You can download free, easy-to-use software which they can use to design objects ranging from personal computer chassis and car parts to door knobs in metal, plastic or other materials.

The grill was laser cut from 14 gauge steel. I picked it up yesterday afternoon. I'm playing around with some different ideas I have for mounting it. Elevated looks cool, because it creates a shadow

1laser_cut_fangrill_casemodblog3.jpg

1laser_cut_fangrill_casemodblog2.jpg

1laser_cut_fangrill_casemodblog6.jpg

1laser_cut_fangrill_casemodblog4.jpg

It's 14 gauge steel, we'll be painting it

Mnpctech milled two different versions of a 120mm Dragon grill. So you'll see some slight differences between the two designs around the Dragon's mouth, the concern is support with being attached to the outter ring. One will be used for the rear exhaust. The other as the intake grill. These were cnc milled from 3/16" thick 6061 aluminum. The multi-hole fan grill version we're used as a bottom layer in these pics is "Brain Drain"

bruce_lee_casemod8.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9a.jpg

"Brain Drain" 120mm Machined Fan Grill

bruce_lee_casemod9b.jpg

"Brain Drain" 120mm Machined Fan Grill

bruce_lee_casemod9c.jpg

Anodized Black Hardcoat Finish

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zA.jpg

1x 120mm RED led fan from Mnpctech, http://www.mnpctech....mputer_Fan.html

1Red_led_computer_fan.jpg

2x Lamptron Vandal switches, here Black with Orange Ring & Dot illuminated

bruce_lee_casemod7.jpg

Installing the 120mm floor intake fan, first I installed U-channel and fan grommets

Uchannel1.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zH.jpg

1/2" grommet I found in my parts bin, may have come from one of my old cars :D

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zI.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zL.jpg

ACRyan "BlackFire" 120mm fan with aluminum mesh filter I painted. You should always filter your intake fans to prevent dust & dirt build up in your PC

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zJ.jpg

Black Hardcoat Anodized 120mm machined fan grill, sold here at performance-pcs (Made by Mnpctech)

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zK.jpg

Ric sent along these Rocker switches and wanted them mounted in the floor, keep in mind the chassis will be elevated with platform shoes... what?!... you'll see

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zM.jpg

Dressed up the rocker switches with 1/8" thick carbon fiber plate

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zN.jpg

Elevate our chassis for the floor intake fan, I used Beefy Case Feet with Anodized Black Machined "Diamond Knurl" Aluminum Feet

08_casemod_computer_feet_mnpctech.blackdiamond1wb3.jpg

The Diamond Knurl feet have Thick Rubber PC Desktop Case Feet attached on bottom, to elevate the chassis for better airflow

CaseFeet.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zO.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zQ.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zR.jpg

Somewhere we're going to incorporate the logo for Bruce Lee's martial art, Jeet Kune Do. Most likely on the right side panel

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zX.jpg

photos from yesterday

Marking off 6/32 screw fan mounting locations in the grill before drilling,

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zU.jpg

HoK Yellow Pearl on top panel

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zV.jpg

Front 120mm intake grill, masked off the center Dragion design

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zT.jpg

Close up of HoK Yellow pearl paint

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zS.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZx2.jpg

An heres up to the minute Update straight from Brad!!! He airbrushed the laser cut fan grill to look like sculpted Granite!

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zY.jpg

Before shot

1laser_cut_fangrill_casemodblog3.jpg

Custom Airbrushing for the huge fan grill!

1bruce_lee_casemodblog.com_250mmFan1.jpg

1bruce_lee_casemodblog.com_250mmFan2.jpg

1bruce_lee_casemodblog.com_250mmFan3.jpg

1bruce_lee_casemodblog.com_250mmFan4.jpg

1bruce_lee_casemodblog.com_250mmFan5.jpg

1bruce_lee_casemodblog.com_250mmFan6.jpg

The shell design is inspired by Bruce Lee's track suit from that scene in "Game of Death" Instead of painting a black stripe, we're gonna step things up a bit and "shred" Black cloth over the case. Imagine Black satin cloth being shredded to reveal a yellow case. On the right panel under the shredded cloth will be Bruce's Jeet Kune Do logo.

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZf.jpg

You can just make out the Jeet Kune Do logo under the shreds

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZg.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZk.jpg

After masking off the shreds, Brad airbrushed drop shadows beneath them, when the shawdowing is finished, another coat of clear is applied.. After that has cure, the top coat is sanded and buffed out to a glossy mirror finish

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZl.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZm.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZo.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZp.jpg

Drop shadows are airbrushed on, beneath the shreds of Black satin cloth

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZq.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZr.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZs.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZt.jpg

Black Satin cloth shreds

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZu.jpg

The panels are finished, so our case is ready for assembly today!

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZx1.jpg

Top 5.25, fan controller will go here

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZx3.jpg

Bruce Lee's "Jeet Kune Do logo" embossing effect with airbrush

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZx4.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZx5.jpg

Front 120mm intake fan, painted to match the exterior

I received the custom HD LED activity meter (DragonMeter) from Vern Gibson, aka Twizted

They install whatever colors LEDS you want, I oredred 5x UV, and 5x Orange 5mm LEDs

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZx9i.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZx9j.jpg

I didn't have much time yesterday to get the entire case assembled, but I got the 250mm dragon fan grill mounted on the side panel. I'll post more updates as soon as I can

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZx9.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZx9g.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZx9f.jpg

some pics from the bench this evening, dragon meter is installed, but not finished.

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZx9c.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zZx9e.jpg

To add a nice finished touch to the "Dragon Meter" custom HD activity meter, I used this machined aluminum 3.5" bay cover made by Mnpctech. I first measured the distance between the center of the leds, then drilled the holes on a drill press using 3/16" drill bit.

3.5" machined aluminum bay cover dresses up 3.5" bays

http://www.mnpctech...._Bay_Cover.html

Billet3.5baycover.jpg

bruce_lee_casemodblog_mnpctech9i.jpg

bruce_lee_casemodblog_mnpctech9j.jpg

Heres some shots I took of the cpu grill and exhaust....

bruce_lee_casemodblog_wallpaper_cpu.thm.jpg

Ric's kenpo patch recreated as fan grill on top,

bruce_lee_casemodblog_mnpctech1.jpg

bruce_lee_casemodblog_mnpctech9x.jpg

bruce_lee_casemodblog_mnpctech9z.jpg

Ric Mirto configures his desktop after loading OS

bruce_lee_casemodblog_mnpctech9v.jpg

I love this! I had to giggle when I looked at what you did with the feet. Like how you use your products in combination to get new effects. This is a scam to get us to buy more stuff? Ohh no it's working, Must buy MNPCTECH products. It's to late for me! save yourself.

*yelling* "MORTAL KOMBAAAAAT"....and then the theme song drops! This case looks amazing! Love the yellow and the painting on the grill cover.

Love that side grill & the stone effect, quality air brushing adds a nice bit more depth to a project, so nice & the classic game of death colours or  known like a finger pointing to the Kill Bill colours for any who missed all that heavenly glory, hehe. :D