jassilamba

Dell Humanware XPS Build

jesse, looks like i've missed a few posts... I can't remember if you have a monster rad in this baby or what... but the monsters are actually pretty deceiving they have a lot of space between the folds and the mounts and don't cool much more from a 60mm rad from what i remember on skinnee labs. 45mm rads aren't that bad either.... so i'm not sure, but two rads might be better, even if you had to drop the thickness a little. besides, 2 rads looks pretty daayumn sexy. This build is money so far, so i'm sure whatever you go with is going to look good.

The monsta is out of the dell for now. That week be used in the enthoo review.

From a personal experience of using the monsta rad I can tell you that it is great rad. With the right fans this rad performs like a champion. Needs a minimum of 800 rpm fan to make it worth it.

New member here. I will be watching with interest to see how this comes out. I am in the process of a XPS 720 mod as well. This case is bomber. Love working with the 3mm or .125" aluminum. Easy to work with and sturdy as hell.

I will have to get mine up on here. I am very new to modding. Find it very fun and expressive. I really like the hardware side of things as well. Good luck with the project

Getting better and better jess!

Thanks Han, I'm going to change the mobo on this build. Have my 2011 socket CPU in the Enthoo now. 

Lovely stuff Jesse,you took a nice case from a mediocre OEM and made it special,great stuff.

Now thats modding.

Thank you B Neg, means a lot coming from you. 

New member here. I will be watching with interest to see how this comes out. I am in the process of a XPS 720 mod as well. This case is bomber. Love working with the 3mm or .125" aluminum. Easy to work with and sturdy as hell.

I will have to get mine up on here. I am very new to modding. Find it very fun and expressive. I really like the hardware side of things as well. Good luck with the project

First up, welcome to the zoo mate, Hope feel free to introduce yourself officially to the rest of the monkeys http://themodzoo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12-hello-and-introductions/page-27

And yes the XPS is a class of its own when it comes to cases and very fun to work with. 

NICE!  your going to have to put quick disconnects on everything, If you keep doing all these awesome reviews.  I agree the white looks really good.

Sadly I might have to do something like that, all the parts are in the Enthoo at the moment. I was talking to Bill, I just change this build into a VW themed build. 

It's... It's.... beautiful.  Love the work and love the case.  Makes me want to go out and find one just to build something in it.  

TY sir, it is a great case. Pretty sure Greg can find you one. 

I've actually got a near mint xps700 case complete with the 1000watt power supply just sitting in my storage unit. It's unlikely I'm going to get to it any time soon if anyone is interested. Just send me a pm.

Classic Dell case and nice touch with the Plasti paint coating, give me ideas on a few things to use that for. nice paint work Jesse keep it up bro.

Why is it that the two other XPS builds haven't been updated in nearly 1 year each!?  Need an update Jesse!  Is this build still being used?  What was the end-result of the LED mods you were looking at with Bill?

Why is it that the two other XPS builds haven't been updated in nearly 1 year each!?  Need an update Jesse!  Is this build still being used?  What was the end-result of the LED mods you were looking at with Bill?

With all the reviews and stuff that I started working on, I had to abandon this build. Right now I'm about to finish the HAF XB build, and that should be up and running hopefully this weekend. 

Once that is done, I have all new hardware, and a build plan for the dell. Gonna keep it simple. Will have an update very soon.