Hello Munky,

If you have been having any issue registering, or logging in please email kyle@themodzoo.com.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Welcome to The Mod Zoo

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

drougnor

What's your Modding soundtrack

246 posts in this topic

So, we're familiar with the usual sounds of modding - The rasp of sandpaper, the clatter of the mixing balls in a can of spray paint, the hiss of the paint as you lay down your first coat, the whine of your electric drill or rotary tool, the sharp grinding as you cut through your case with your 10th cutting wheel in a row to get that new window in place, the scream of frustration as you offer up yet another puddle of blood to the Mawd Gawds. . . . 

My question is: What gets you in the mood to chop up your case? What tunes do you listen to as you mock up your next project? Are you a rocker as you tear that sucker down, or do you mellow out to some fine Jazz when you're putting down the finishing touches?

You missed the sound of the fresh bottle of beer being cracked open :D

I will listen to anything 70s-80s, later rock and some other random things but never country nor teen bop junk

I listen to Bill Owen :P

Nah, having kids sets me back not to make much noise on the evenings when i have time for modding, have wireless headphones but if the kids wake up, they scare the pants off me so i dont dare to use them :)

For me its mostly youtube videos while modding, if i turn on some music, its probably some Eurodance or Techno stuff.

I listen to quite literally everything while working on stuff. It just depends on my mood. Anything from classical to dub step. It just depends.

I like everything, but country... I'll take 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, indie, new wave, 90s grunge, rock, punk, industrial, techno, etc,

If I had to pick ONE song that describes my style of PC builds? Mindphaser sums up how I want all of my PCs to look and feel.

It depends on my mood, but typically I turn on my "Classic Rock" station on Pandora.  Though I do listen to Classical, Jazz, and other various instrumental music on occasion. 

I have to go with Iron Maiden - Powerslave - One of my all time favorite bands and when building PCs, who doesn't want MORE POWER?

Good stuff Bill!

My modding soundtrack usually includes Industrial, old school punk, and electro genres including stuff like the Prodigy, Gorillaz, etc....

If I were to chose one song.... Hmmmm....

I've got a wide taste-range as well.  Classic rock, 90's and 00's rock, anything with Trent Reznor, some rap, alt and indie stuff, blue grass, even classical.

Lately I've been working through the Star Trek movies, a coworker hooked me up the first six after he found out I hadn't seen them.

I'll have to think of a build theme song...

I will say my current favorite to listen to is Halestorm. There is something about Lzzy Hale's voice that I like.

That makes two of us ;)

Today is a DIY day.... ;)

Time to tear down the V2000 to see if I can do the mod work on it I want.....

Uh-oh, we have another industrial-rivethead on the boards!  ;)  I'm a "recovering" goth...

Admittedly, I listen to anything from intelligent metal to classical -- Kyle's previous favorite quote of mine from the old Mod Bros days, I listen to vacuum cleaners.  Currently been listening to Riverside's latest (LOVE prog-metal like Porcupine Tree, Opeth, etc.).  Been known to spin a few more-obsure discs like Haujobb, Dead Voices on Air, The Wake, and my favorite band of all-time -- Fields of the Nephilim.

KMFDM, haven't listened to them in years (I had a nasty run-in with one of their former members while I was working on a magazine at the time back in the early-to-mid 90's -- head up her own ass!), but my fave album was 'Nihil' from them.  It's because it was basically Raymond Watts behind the whole thing.  Best thing I think they've ever done, but just my opinion.  Memory Lane!

You are TOO smooth, sir. :lol:

Stuff like this for sanding and sawing. Nice primal instrument bashing...

For milling I'll put something like old Black Sabbath or Rush on. Since I can't hear anything but the bass, It better be catchy.

Currently been listening to Riverside's latest (LOVE prog-metal like Porcupine Tree, Opeth, etc.).  Been known to spin a few more-obsure discs like Haujobb, Dead Voices on Air, The Wake, and my favorite band of all-time -- Fields of the Nephilim.

Now I know who to go to for help in widening my spread of prog. Tripped over Porcupine Tree after finding Dream Theater a few years back and have been circling out in ever widening sweeps to pick up bands like Zappa's various groups, some P-Funk and his various band members, and back from those into motown from time to time.

I normally listen to rock/alternative rock.  But the when I start modding, I play a lot of Dubstep.  There is just something about the music that gets the creative juices flowing. :D 

Funny; dubstep usually gets my bowels moving!  ;)

You like sitting on the woofer? ;)  

I listen to podcasts so im not interrupted by commercials, youtube loading times etc.  Usually EDM :)