Roboduck

PC Design/Render Gallery

Hello all!

Just thought would start a little PC design gallery. I have way to many ideas floating around in my head and not enough time and money to build them (one day....) but I still like designing cases. So I thought this would be a nice place to share 3D designs and renderings!

I'll kick things off

This is my first ever PC design the EPIC A380. It started off when I bought a Xclio A380 case and though, how can I make this even more ridiculous? :P/>

A380%2520HOT%2520ROD%2520HDR%2520WHITE.JPG

I started work on the mod but the project got shelved for a while.

DSC_0570.JPG

NVIDIA Spider PC which I designed for the NVIDIA ION case mod contest. The design made it into the final 5 and was brought to life by Brian "Boddaker" carter.

display%2520layout.jpg

Final1.jpg

The Anti-Mac

AM001.JPG

Anti-MAC%2520001.JPG

AM009.JPG

My submission for the Phobya Case Design Contest

II%2520001.JPGII%2520007.JPG

Phobya%2520Case%2520Stage%25202%2520Render%2520037.JPG

Other random designs...

MiniMac%2520003.JPGMiniMac%2520004.JPG

Tortuous%2520PC%2520Render%2520001.JPG

Shows us your you CG designs!

My Phobya Case Design entry - which has been resurrected as a wood/alu variant by another modder:

5.jpg

10.jpg

A netbook design:

1.jpg

Mini-ITX nettop, based on a E-350 board:

f_Custom_.jpg

h_Custom_.jpg

g_Custom_.jpg

funky heatsink inspired design for a dual opteron board:

a_Custom_.jpg

what software are you using Scott

If I'm correct he's using SolidWorks...and he's a real pro at what he does lol. But I'm ever unsure...so I'll let the man speak for himself !

Awesome renders...If I'm one day rich I'll definitely ask your permission for that Anti Mac design...my cousin would just LOVE that one. This is not an understatement.

what software are you using Scott

If I'm correct he's using SolidWorks...and he's a real pro at what he does lol. But I'm ever unsure...so I'll let the man speak for himself !

Awesome renders...If I'm one day rich I'll definitely ask your permission for that Anti Mac design...my cousin would just LOVE that one. This is not an understatement.

I use SolidWorks for all my design. I've used SolidWorks built in rendering software PhotoWorks for rendering but I've also used Keyshot and Modo as well.

I do plan on building the Anti-Mac (as soon as I finish up some other projects). I have a case and a triple rad grill from Bill I just need to finish the design to the point where I can start making parts.

@confusis- I've always liked your designs, great stuff!

Some cool designs on this page, you're in a position where you don't have the money to build you idea.

I'm on (sort of) the opposite side I have the ideas but no skills in CAD software or any sort so I have no choice but to build them!

(just don't have the money to finish them all :lol:/> )

Some of my renders for the Arclight project

Main intake covers made from black and blue layered acrylic

render1-1.jpg

render4-1.jpg

Original concept for the side panel that had to be abandoned die to weight of the finished door at over 12lb

side.jpg

Assembled intake array with its pull rod and axles in place

ventsreflexed.jpg

Tortuous%2520PC%2520Render%2520001.JPG

I love the concept - would be nice to have more cooling options, but it'd make a heck of a cool test-bench... what if the side had a hinge so you could access the components easier?

I love the concept - would be nice to have more cooling options, but it'd make a heck of a cool test-bench... what if the side had a hinge so you could access the components easier?

Thats a good idea. This is just a very rough concept I didn't really care too much about practicallity but I like that idea. The design is based around a mini-ITX mobo but I think if I made it a bit bigger and found a way to mount more rads in the top it could be a practical design for a test bench.

Oh and here are some for Bill B)/> I love the new 240 Overkill grills so I thought I would find out how the "Ring" grill would look as a 240 and 360. I have to say I like the results.

240%2520Overkill%2520Grill-001.JPG

360%2520Overkill%2520Grill-001.JPG

Holy thread revival batman!

Working on building a collection of sketchup components for making highly detailed models. Here's a quick rendering of a few rear panel port stacks:

io.jpg

The USB, RJ45 and 3.5mm jacks are built to spec. The PS/2 port is a bit off, but that will be adjusted at some point :P

I've also grabbed a lot of CAD files from Molex, including mini fit jr plugs, DIMM slots, etc that I'm working on converting into usable sketchup components :D

When I've finalised all of the parts I'll start up a repository of them. I would use Jez Mckean's one, but it seems he's ignored the past..20ish.. models I've submitted to the site while accepting others!