jassilamba

Case Review: Phanteks Enthoo Primo Full Tower

Can the inner rectangle in lower front door be removed leaving just the grill material?

Yes it can, its held in place with a handful of screws. Will take some shots of that tonight and put em up. 

Really great review Jesse. I'm really liking this case, Just wish I could afford it.

Thanks mate, a part of me wishes that the case was a lil cheaper, hopefully once it hits the markets we might see some price drops or sales (all cases go on sale at some point, except case labs)

I'm wondering if/when Phanteks is going to offer extra parts for this case, like an extra SSD bracket for that third mounting location, or an extra PWM fan hub, or an extra pump mounting bracket, etc?

The Phanteks designer featured in their videos seemed to suggest they'd be offering at least some of these things for purchase separately, but a chat with a rep on their phanteksusa site gave me the impression they haven't yet given much if any thought to that yet.

I guess that's understandable given the delays there have already been getting these cases out - interview vids with the Phantecs designer at Computex 2013 suggested they would have been out a couple months ago already - but it sure would be helpful not to have to wait too long to be able to get our hands on these things.

[...]

On the second question, I will play around and get you some numbers as to if a UT 60 will be an issue. I was initially going to use the dominator ram form corsair and the fins on this might come in the way. 

[...]

Just wanted to point out that, even though Jesse hadn't yet had a chance to get back to me here about whether a 60mm x 120/240/360/480 rad would fit up top (as one of the first with hands-on experience with this case. he's no-doubt a very busy man trying to answer lots of questions everywhere), he did reply to the same/similar question on another forum saying he did have a chance to check it out and there should be no probs ...

Got some good news for you. As long as you are not using a RAM like the dominator, you will have no issues running a 60mm thick 480 rad. I just tested it out with 2 fans stacked together and had no clearance issues. Of course you would have to get the CPU power and ram in place before mounting the fans on the inside.

That's great news!

Just wanted to point out that, even though Jesse hadn't yet had a chance to get back to me here about whether a 60mm x 120/240/360/480 rad would fit up top (as one of the first with hands-on experience with this case. he's no-doubt a very busy man trying to answer lots of questions everywhere), he did reply to the same/similar question on another forum saying he did have a chance to check it out and there should be no probs ...

That's great news!

Thanks for putting that up here mate, I appreciate it. And I apologize for missing the answer here. 

Nice review Jesse! I really like that you took time to install a system to further show off all the features and just how well thought out this case really is.

I think they have a winner on their hands. Amazing just how mainstream WC has become that it would be feasible to make a case of this caliber.

Thanks again.

Can the inner rectangle in lower front door be removed leaving just the grill material?

I will start a FAQ section for this case tomorrow but in the mean time here is a pic for you... Will post some instructions tomorrow as well.

DSC08483.JPG

You might be able to do that from the bottom. the cages are held in place in the top, and the bottom. If you remove the bottom cage mount, and have your cages hang only from the top, you should have enough space to route cables from there. You could also cut some holes in the bottom of the 5.25" drive bays to route some tubing from there. 

Edit:

I will get you the exact thickness of the bottom HDD cage mount so you know how much room you will have. 

Any news on that front rad clearance Jesse?

When you mentioned that another option would be to drill through the bottom of the ODD bays in order to route the tubing, that got me thinking, maybe i could swap out my proposed Alphacool ST30 240, and go instead for an XSPC EX 240 Multiport, as that has ports on the edge of the rad, so its straight shot up though the holes.

Its a bit thinker than the ST30 though, what do you think?

Any news on that front rad clearance Jesse?

When you mentioned that another option would be to drill through the bottom of the ODD bays in order to route the tubing, that got me thinking, maybe i could swap out my proposed Alphacool ST30 240, and go instead for an XSPC EX 240 Multiport, as that has ports on the edge of the rad, so its straight shot up though the holes.

Its a bit thinker than the ST30 though, what do you think?

With the bottom hdd Mount removed you have 1.25" of clearance. That should be enough to route some tubing.

With the bottom hdd Mount removed you have 1.25" of clearance. That should be enough to route some tubing.

Perfect! Thanks for that!

If i could ask for one more thing, could you give me the max rad thickness i could get in the front?

Is the space available exactly 30mm or do i have a bit more space to get a slightly thicker rad in (say 35mm)?

If i could ask for one more thing, could you give me the max rad thickness i could get in the front?

Is the space available exactly 30mm or do i have a bit more space to get a slightly thicker rad in (say 35mm)?

I started a FAQ at the very end of the review, and I will add this question in there. Answer will be provided once I get home.

Thanks

Link to FAQ:

http://themodzoo.com/forum/index.php?/page/articles.html/_/reviews/cases/phanteks-enthoo-primo-full-tower-review-r67?pg=8

Some of us are wondering how hard it would be to change the LEDs to color?  Or better yet to RGB so we could choose color to suit our mood. 

FAQ updated, you have 45mm of clearance 

Some of us are wondering how hard it would be to change the LEDs to color?  Or better yet to RGB so we could choose color to suit our mood. 

The LED strip used by phanteks is 5.5mm thick, if you can find a replacement you can replace it. I will start a guide soon.

Just read a review of this case on "another" site...no comparison it was the usual vanilla story.

ModZoo rules the review world! 

Haha, thanks mate. We all try our best, and having great members helps too. 

45mm?!? That is interesting.... I'm now thinking I could shoehorn a 240mm xt45 in there!

I have a 240 XT45, I can see if that will slide in without damaging itself or anything else. 

I have a 240 XT45, I can see if that will slide in without damaging itself or anything else.

That would be amazing thankyou! I think I'd have to put right angle fittings on the end ports, with the chambers facing down, or put the chambers up and drill 2 holes in the odd bays and route up there

Chatbox
    The ModZoo keeps getting blackout drunk and losing months of time. Apologies. -Also, anyone know where to get rid of a dead hooker?
    You don't have permission to chat.