jassilamba

Case Review: Phanteks Enthoo Primo Full Tower

Rec'd this email today regarding the shipping date on my pre-ordered case: 

Thank you for your purchase of the Enthoo Primo.  Your order is scheduled to ship October 18, 2013.  If you have any further questions or wish to cancel your order, please let us know at your earliest convenience.

Please accept our apology for this delay and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Phanteks USA

More than a month away. :-/

It's probably safe to say they jumped the gun a bit with taking pre-orders. I've no plans to cancel but I imagine some will.

Getting a new case built and delivered is very complicated.  Huge amount of logistics to coordinate...  and each delay is not just the time of it's own delay because it throws many other schedules off that have to rescheduled, other steps have to be delayed at least that same amount of time..and these places are not just going to do nothing while they wait.  They will be doing other jobs..  and if those jobs that longer than the original delay than that make finished product that much later.  Three days can turn into 3 weeks very quickly.

I think Phanteks has it's main design team offices in Holland, not sure anymore.  Now have Phanteks USA in California, cases are built in China.  How know where all the components in the case are from; the thumbscrews, switches, lights, fan hub, feet, boxing, plastic accessory case, etc.  Than boxed cases are put in containers, trucked to docks, loaded on ships to whatever countries, arrive unloaded from ship and clear customs, trucked to warehouse, etc. and finally shipped to you.

Know anybody who had a custom house built and was able to move in on the original completion date?  ;)

As for your front panel mod w/ the grille..... were you able to get filter in behind it ?

yes I did, the filter is held in place my screws and and clips, That whole system is independent of the grill. Will post more pics for it.

@ doyll,

that's all understandable, but it doesn't change the fact that Phanteks probably started taking pre-orders too soon given that they are now having delays.

Anywho, I just thought that would be helpful info to mention the latest info on shipping dates in a comment thread about the case that mentions (1) that they are taking pre-orders and (2) that Phanteks has been actually charging people's accounts and taking payment instead of the customary industry  practice (and as req'd by many CC provider's policies & even by law in a lot of places) of delaying charges until actual shipment of goods takes place.

@ doyll,

that's all understandable, but it doesn't change the fact that Phanteks probably started taking pre-orders too soon given that they are now having delays.

Anywho, I just thought that would be helpful info to mention the latest info on shipping dates in a comment thread about the case that mentions (1) that they are taking pre-orders and (2) that Phanteks has been actually charging people's accounts and taking payment instead of the customary industry  practice (and as req'd by many CC provider's policies & even by law in a lot of places) of delaying charges until actual shipment of goods takes place.

And that is exactly why I would not order from them.  There are state laws, there are processor contracts, and even federal laws regarding taking money and not delivering.  I like the case a lot and realistically, I will probably still hold out for it, but I will NEVER ever order directly from them.  I have read numerous posts on other forums that they have delayed this case numerous times.  

Seeing that these cases are coming from China and I would say it is 99% sure it is coming via container over the water instead of air, these cases would have to be darn close to getting on the boat.  For those that do not know . . . most shipping generally leaves from Shanghai.  Seeing that they are coming into the West Coast, more than likely they are going into Long Beach or Oakland.  It generally takes two days at the originating port to get processed and bundled into a container.  Then it is on the water for around two weeks (there are faster boats but they charge a LOT more.)  Once it hits the port here, it is about two days for it to clear the port and get on a truck to the destination.  Add another day for that transportation, add another day for them to get things setup internally.  Now, you are looking at twenty days total.  Seeing that they stated the 18th for shipping, back it up to see where they are.  Assuming everything is perfect, the cases need to be at the dock by the 27th/28th.  

I will just leave my post with this.  I assume everyone was taught this by our mothers :)  You only get one chance to make a first impression.  This is not leaving a good impression with me.

I really didn't mind that Phanteks actually charged my account on this order instead of waiting for it to ship out first before they did like Amazon or Newegg would, especially as it came as no surprise to me that they were doing that thanks to it already having been mentioned here in the comments on this review before I placed my order - and this review and the vids done with Jesse and Bill played no small part in helping make my mind up to go ahead and pre-order it.

Even though it's now been delayed from the 'late Sept early Oct' guestimation I was given by the Phanteks on-line rep on their ste's chat when I ordered to now the middle of Oct, it's really not that big of a deal. Yes. I want my case sooner than later, but I'm still psyched about getting it as soon as I can.

I've been looking at cases for my first watercooled rig for a few months now, and this case has everything I was looking for and then some.

When your Phanteks case does arrive, please share your thoughts with us here.

I've also been contemplating adding dedicated subforum for Phanteks Entho Primo Owners to share their builds, projects, tips, questions etc..

I really didn't mind that Phanteks actually charged my account on this order instead of waiting for it to ship out first before they did like Amazon or Newegg would, especially as it came as no surprise to me that they were doing that thanks to it already having been mentioned here in the comments on this review before I placed my order - and this review and the vids done with Jesse and Bill played no small part in helping make my mind up to go ahead and pre-order it.

Even though it's now been delayed from the 'late Sept early Oct' guestimation I was given by the Phanteks on-line rep on their ste's chat when I ordered to now the middle of Oct, it's really not that big of a deal. Yes. I want my case sooner than later, but I'm still psyched about getting it as soon as I can.

I've been looking at cases for my first watercooled rig for a few months now, and this case has everything I was looking for and then some.

You and I are in a similar boat.  Like I mentioned, there is a 99% chance I am just going to wait it out.  I was going to buy a Cosmos, but because of Bill and Jesse, I want this instead. It just pushes things further back than I wanted :( 

I am just concerned though because this case was supposed to ship in August iirc based upon Phanteks announcements.

I understand financially why they are selling direct instead of through Amazon/NewEgg to start.  However, due to the delays, I would highly recommend that they abandon that position and put it on Amazon/NewEgg.  Let those guys do what they do best and handle the payments and logistics.  Or at least . . . don't charge until it is time to ship.

@ davidber  As long as you know and pay up front for an order there are no laws broken....  none broken if you cancel your order and get a full refund because of delays either.  And like you said, you did not advance order because you know these kinds of delays are everyday life. 

I'm frustrated by the delays too. But I have total respect for Phanteks.  As soon as they had a solid date they notified us.. and now when something pushes that date back they let us know.  Not many companies would even bother..  or don't say anything until we individually contact them, than we get the run-around of excuses..  or worse, they just ignore us. 

I want my case yesterday!!  But life is what it is and it will arrive in due time.

And besides, Jesse hasn't finished doing mod tutorials yet. :D

But the longer it takes to ship, the more time you have to save up for new shiny hardware and mods for it ;)

[...] And besides, Jesse hasn't finished doing mod tutorials yet. :D

QFT!

Awesome review man! I do have a question though,

I was wondering if it was possible to mount an XSPC Photon on the reservoir bracket with a single GTX 780. It didn't seem like it in the video review but I wanted to make sure since you had some time to play around the case. Thx! 

Awesome review man! I do have a question though,

I was wondering if it was possible to mount an XSPC Photon on the reservoir bracket with a single GTX 780. It didn't seem like it in the video review but I wanted to make sure since you had some time to play around the case. Thx! 

What size are you thinking? The 270 will work on the back, and the 170 will work on the bracket. 

Thanks Jesse. 

One more question.

Alpha says they are 144mm. Is that the maximum width that will fit?  I ask because EK are146mm and Phobya are 145mm; only 1 - 2mm (0.039 - 0.078") wider isn't much; so was wondering if that's too wide. :D 

Chatbox
    The ModZoo keeps getting blackout drunk and losing months of time. Apologies. -Also, anyone know where to get rid of a dead hooker?
    You don't have permission to chat.