jassilamba

Case Review: Phanteks Enthoo Primo Full Tower

Thanks Jesse. 

One more question.

Alpha says they are 144mm. Is that the maximum width that will fit?  I ask because EK are146mm and Phobya are 145mm; only 1 - 2mm (0.039 - 0.078") wider isn't much; so was wondering if that's too wide. :D

145mm with the 5.25" bay panel removed, and 129mm with the panel in place. 

Nice picture.  Looks very content indeed.  Well ventilated but it might be a good idea to put some mess grills on..  fur protection.   :D

Noticed the Newegg bit about "Release Date: 10/14/2013" and had to laugh. If they receive and ship before Phanteks USA ships their pre-orders there will be some very unhappy Phanteks customers.

Noticed the Newegg bit about "Release Date: 10/14/2013" and had to laugh. If they receive and ship before Phanteks USA ships their pre-orders there will be some very unhappy Phanteks customers.

I know you've seen this already doyll, but for anyone else who sees your posts and was wondering, the Phanteks rep / moderator on their forum wrote this:

brian@phanteks:

No need to worry. Pre-Orders will ship out before we ship any cases to NewEgg. So your case will be on its way to you before they get any cases.

Jessi,

Can you let us know the distance from the top of the case to the top of the top 5.25" drive bay?

More specifically, I'm wondering if a 45mm thick 480 rad + 25mm fan mounted up top would impede with that top bay or not, and same goes for a 60mm rad by itself or with a push fan, the latter of which I'm all but certain would block most if not all of that top bay, but I'm not so sure that a 60mm thick rad + 25mm push fan wouldn't also impede into some of the 2nd 5.25" bay too.

Thanks for posting Brian's reply. I forgot to update that. ;)

Containers left China the same time and shipping takes at least 2 weeks longer from China to Europe so it's looking like I won't be getting mine until end of month or possible early November.  :(

Must be the "slow boat from China" for real. :angry:

Jessi,

Can you let us know the distance from the top of the case to the top of the top 5.25" drive bay?

More specifically, I'm wondering if a 45mm thick 480 rad + 25mm fan mounted up top would impede with that top bay or not, and same goes for a 60mm rad by itself or with a push fan, the latter of which I'm all but certain would block most if not all of that top bay, but I'm not so sure that a 60mm thick rad + 25mm push fan wouldn't also impede into some of the 2nd 5.25" bay too.

The space from the top of the case to the top of the top 5.25" drive bay is 55mm or 2.16 inches. A single drive bay is 41.3mm tall, so 55+41 = 96mm. That is enough space to mount a 45mm or a 60mm rad in push pull and only loose the top drive bay.

Dont forget the fittings if you have them facing the front as they might take more space and.

Thanks a lot for that Jesse. you've been such a great resource for all of us anxiously awaiting our cases.

I have another set of questions for you, if you don't mind. lol. I can't help it.

(1) What is the distance from the ledge under the mobo tray to the top of the case?

(2) And what is the inside distance from the bottom of the case to the top of the case?

I'm eyeballing the new XSPC photon res w/ the D5 base combo (where's a review on that!!! Has no one done one yet??). The 270 is 350mm tall, and I'm trying to gauge whether it might fit or not on that res bracket between a monsta on the bottom and an xt45 on the top, both in push-pull. If it will fit I'm thinking it's going to be very close. If not I might go with the 170 photon/D5, or maybe just put a res there and my pump elsewhere.

FBNuaFo.jpg

I will get you those numbers once I get home. What GPU are you planning on using?

I have reference GTX 760s (short pcb only 6" long - based on GTX 670s) and XSPC waterblocks for them. I don't suspect I'll have any trouble running them & using that reservoir bracket in the Enthoo Primo, although if I do use the photon res I'll need to drill my own holes since the ones phanteks has won't line up.

That's actually better though because if the 270 will fit I'll need to be able to position it up/down exactly where I need to & I'll probably just drill the mounting holes through the plastic bracket cover too since I won't need to remove it to fit my short cards, and I'm thinking it ought to look better - cover up the cables/grommets - by leaving it in there behind the res. I'm hoping that bracket, especially with the plastic cover left on, won't rattle or buzz with a res/pump mounted to it. I'm not seeing any decoupling measures with that res.

I'm just mainly trying now to figure out how tall of a reservoir I can get away with fitting there between the rads/fans top and bottom. I really like that Photon 270 w/ D5 pump, but @ 350mm tall I suspect it might be a pretty tight tight fit. lol

My suggestion would be to go for just the Photon 270 res and mount the pump where the Enthoo advertises you should. Why?, I personally hate the way XSPC did the inlet and outlets on the photon res combo. With just the res, you can mount it on the res bracket, have the pump hide under the mobo (by PSU), and run tubing in a much cleaner way. Again that is just my suggestion. With that said, it would be nice to see a review on the photon res combo to see how it actually looks. 

My suggestion would be to go for just the Photon 270 res and mount the pump where the Enthoo advertises you should. Why?, I personally hate the way XSPC did the inlet and outlets on the photon res combo. With just the res, you can mount it on the res bracket, have the pump hide under the mobo (by PSU), and run tubing in a much cleaner way. Again that is just my suggestion. With that said, it would be nice to see a review on the photon res combo to see how it actually looks. 

I actually really like the way the inlets outlets are positioned on that res/pump for how I want my tubes to run in my build. If it'll fit it'll be almost like it was made just for it. lol

That, and since I'm going to be using rigid acrylic tubing I wasn't really looking forward to trying to route tubing back and forth to that pump bracket.

Makes sense, as long as you have a plan. I will get you the numbers tonight once I get home. 

If you come up with something else, or need anything else let me know.

There is ~16" or 406mm of space between the mobo ledge to the top, and the total top to bottom inside the case is ~22.6" / 575mm.

Let me know if that helps. 

There is ~16" or 406mm of space between the mobo ledge to the top, and the total top to bottom inside the case is ~22.6" / 575mm.

Let me know if that helps. 

Awesome! It sounds like it's going to fit, just barely.

My XT45 480 up top is 46mm + 25mm for the push fan = 71mm

My monsta 360 on the bottom is 80mm + 50mm for push-pull fans = 130mm.

So, 71mm + 130mm + 350mm for the res = 551mm

So, judging by all that, I figure I should have about ~10mm space each top and bottom between the res/pump and the fans.

lol, like it was made specifically for it.

Jessi you did great work on this, I enjoy it.

Like to ask about your opinion regarding possibility to inject HPTX in this case. 

I know they not supporting this from factor, but was watching your 48 min like (great stuff btw) review with MM on tube, and I think I seen an option to mod this chassis a little.

If not pity, will need to go with 900d instead, but if I’ll have choice…

Jessi you did great work on this, I enjoy it.

Like to ask about your opinion regarding possibility to inject HPTX in this case. 

I know they not supporting this from factor, but was watching your 48 min like (great stuff btw) review with MM on tube, and I think I seen an option to mod this chassis a little.

If not pity, will need to go with 900d instead, but if I’ll have choice…

The motherboard shroud will come in the way of the HPTX mobo. Now with that said, there is nothing that you cannot achieve with some dremel work. Once I get home I will get some measurements to see if its possible or not.

The motherboard shroud will come in the way of the HPTX mobo. Now with that said, there is nothing that you cannot achieve with some dremel work. Once I get home I will get some measurements to see if its possible or not.

Indeed this shroud can be issue, anyway thanks for your time on this.