ZoPHaR

EVGA Launches HADRON Chassis

EVGA has released specs and pics of it's HADRON m-ITX chassis. 2 versions are available, one designed with air cooling in mind and another with watercooling in mind.

HADRON_HERO2.png

Sleek look, extremely compact size!

At only 12in/305mm height, and 6.6in/169mm width, the EVGA Hadron is one of the smallest chassis available for the enthusiast!

HADRON_MINI_ITX_thumb.jpg mini ITX Form Factor

Supports all mini ITX form factor motherboards.

HADRON_500w_PSU_thumb.jpg Integrated 500W Gold Rated Power Supply w/ 40A on +12V Rail

Enthusiast power supply capable of powering today’s fastest graphics cards, including the GeForce GTX TITAN!

HADRON_FullSize_thumb.jpg Supports most full size enthusiast graphics cards! (Up to 267mm, double slot)

Top to bottom support for today’s latest graphics cards.

HADRON_2xHD_thumb.jpg 2 x 2.5/3.5in Drive Bays

Supports up to two hard drives. Whether you use them for a RAID 0, or storage, the choice is yours! Can support either full size 3.5in drives or smaller 2.5in.

HADRON_DVD_thumb.jpg Supports slim slot load optical drive

Integrated support for a slim slot load optical drive (not included). Slot is built into chassis.

HADRON_2xUSB_thumb.jpg 2 x USB 3.0 Ports

Supporting up to 2 devices of the latest USB 3.0 Superspeed protocol.

HADRON_Audio_thumb.jpg HD Audio In/Out

Integrated HD Audio out/headphone and Audio In/mic.

HADRON_2xFans_thumb.jpg 2 x 120mm Exhaust Fans

Included large fans have the capability to move air, and operate silently!

Warranty_thumb.jpg 3 Year Warranty

Award winning EVGA Support backed by a full 3 Year Warranty

So what does everyone think? Anyone else's mind read it as Hardon? I had to read it like 4 times before I said it right :blush:

Spec sheet says it weighs 6kg, so I'm assuming steel

I could have sworn that it was aluminum. But I may be wrong. Keep in mind if has a 500W PSU included in it.

Just saw the price. Ouch... Wouldn't load for me earlier. Scared to see the price of the Hydro version.

110-MA-1001-K1_MD_1.jpg

EVGA Hadron Air
*Orders placed today will ship out on 9/11/2013
$189.99

I could have sworn that it was aluminum. But I may be wrong. Keep in mind if has a 500W PSU included in it.

I could be wrong :P It's a 500w psu, but it's a flex-atx sized one. An equivalent wattage unit from Athena is 1kg. So ~5kg for the rest of the case - seems pretty hefty for alu, unless they're using 3mm thick :P

My brain keeps telling me this says HARDON too.  Guess that means I'm a perv.  Maybe not-so-subtle marketing ploy by EVGA?  A quick pants check says it's working.

The front bezel looks clean and I like the big window, but the asymmetrical aspect of that tilted front doesn't do it for me.  I wouldn't mind ripping one down to a more appealing look, I will say that :P

Hey Guys, yesterday I tweeted this at EVGA_Jacob, in hopes we can get a review sample from EVGA, If youre on Twitter, please help me remind Jacob by retweeting my Tweet, I want to show him that our members are interested in seeing in-depth review from us, THANK YOU!!!!!

Here is my Tweet, and url

NICE! would like to see an in-depth review of EVGA's new case by the folks at The Mod Zoo, themodzoo.com/forum/index.ph… @Emireloo @EVGA_JacobF (

)

Hey Guys, yesterday I tweeted this at EVGA_Jacob, in hopes we can get a review sample from EVGA, If youre on Twitter, please help me remind Jacob by retweeting my Tweet, I want to show him that our members are interested in seeing in-depth review from us, THANK YOU!!!!!Here is my Tweet, and urlNICE! would like to see an in-depth review of EVGA's new case by the folks at The Mod Zoo, themodzoo.com/forum/index.ph… @Emireloo @EVGA_JacobF (https://twitter.com/Mnpctech/status/377399009897242624)

Done, and hopefully it all works out. I think we would all love to see it looked at with a modding eye.

I like the water cooling version of this case they are about to release. 

With the price of the air cooled version, I don't want to see the price of the water cooled version. Keep in mind that the water cooled version doesn't come with the stuff to water cool, just the ability to do it. They will be offering a water cooling setup in a box that will fit the case.

Yeah I mean I just thought it looked kinda cool. Id probably never buy it. I like to mod, I don't want anything prefabricated and ready for parts. I want a case where it looks like there is no way to fit in the parts and then cut the case into pieces and make some artwork =D 

Yeah I mean I just thought it looked kinda cool. Id probably never buy it. I like to mod, I don't want anything prefabricated and ready for parts. I want a case where it looks like there is no way to fit in the parts and then cut the case into pieces and make some artwork =D 

I understand what you mean. But what I don't understand is how they came up with pricing. It's crazy expensive IMO. But I know they will sell them. I wouldn't mind getting one to play with and build for a family member or something where they don't want anything crazy or flashy.

Wow yeah i just looked up the price. 180$ is way too much for a micro-atx box. Id say 80$ sounds good to me. My HAF 912 I just got for my current build was 40$ and is a pretty cool mid-size chassis that can accommodate water cooling without any mods. Im of course modding the hell out of it though but yeah lol. Interested to see the price point of the Hadron Water version.