As promised here is a little guide on how to change the color of the front blue LED to a different color.

With the front panel off pop off the cover for the LED using a flat head screw driver. Please be careful and make sure you do not break any tabs.

Enthoo_primo_Front_LED_1.jpg

Once the black panel is removed you can life the LED strip out. You will be left with a plastic light reflector in there. The LED strip is installed face down.

This is how the LED channel will look like with the strip out.

Enthoo_primo_Front_LED_2.jpg

The included LED strip is 5.5mm wide.

Enthoo_primo_Front_LED_3.jpg

For those who want to use a 5050 RGB strip, it is too thick to be used for this application. I'm trying to find a perfect LED for this application, and once I find one I will add it to the list here.

Enthoo_primo_Front_LED_4.jpg

If you know about any LED strip which is about 6mm wide, please let me know and I will add that link here.

LED strip length used by phanteks - 21"

List of LED strips that would work -
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/top-emitting/nfls-ss-x300-series-30-high-power-led-super-slim-flexible-light-strip-sample/880/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370842386589

Once I used - http://www.ebay.com/itm/370842386589?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Changing the LEDs in the power switch:

• You need couple 3mm LEDs in the color of your choice.
  • You need to have basic soldering skills
  • Please research and find out how to tell positive and negative on a singe LED. 
  • As always, do it at your own risk.

1. Make sure that your fans, and front panel connectors are disconnected, all the cable ties loose (we don't want any cables being pulled)

2. Gently pull the I/O panel towards the top, its held in place the same way the front and the top panels are.

3. Pull the IO panel enough top and forward that you have enough space to put your fingers behind it.

4. The cables are covered by some kind of tape, remove the tape and get ready to push the power switch cover (its held in place by 2 tabs)

DSC08614.JPG

5. Once pushed out carefully remove, and save the 2 springs pictured above. (DO NOT lose the springs)

6. With the springs out now you can push the complete assembly out towards you.

DSC08625.JPG

7. The actual power switch is surrounded by 2 X 3mm LEDs held in place with some melted glue. I just used a exacto knife to get them out, cut off the origin LEDs (make note of positive and negative), and soldered in some white LEDs in its place. 

Put everything back the way it was. The Power switch cover only goes in one way, and stretch the springs a bit before you put them back in. 

For the top LED, the whole panel with the power switch and the USB ports can be taken off (it pop right off), You dont have to take it off completely as we just need enough space in the front to route the cable out off. But to access the LED strip, its the same as the front panel. Use a flat head screw driver to gently lift the top LED cover.

20130914_115826.jpg

For the top LED, the whole panel with the power switch and the USB ports can be taken off (it pop right off), You dont have to take it off completely as we just need enough space in the front to route the cable out off. But to access the LED strip, its the same as the front panel. Use a flat head screw driver to gently lift the top LED cover.

20130914_115826.jpg

Thanks! Very informative! But it'll make things a whole lot better to put it on video :)

That would be great, my LED strips will be here Monday so should have the video done soon. 

So far the case is working out great, and looks really really nice. I will try and get some more pics of my complete setup in the next week or so. 

PS: I had broken the pics, they are fixed now. 

Makin' it Mo' Betta, Much Mo' Betta!

I plan on taking apart the power button to see what I can do about it, if anything. Replacing the HDD activity light should be easy.

And since I already have the monsta rad in, I cannot take the lower front fan out, so I might add another LED strip in the front to match the white. 

1 meter might just work, I will verify but I think the stock strip is 21" long, and there are 2 strips in total (one top, one front). And no you don't have to order the strips from those websites, I'm just putting a list together of strips that we know will work for sure.

As long as the strip you get is no more than 6mm wide, you will be fine. Any wide and you will start running into issues when trying to snap the cover back on. 

If you find any strips that match that let me know and I will add those to the list here.

Has anyone found a RGB strip narrow enough to fit? 

A 3528 strip is around 8mm thick, and with some careful grinding, and cutting I think that will fit. A 5050 strip is 10mm wide. 

Also a RGB 3528 will NOT produce white. 

Also, would these work for the top and bottom (want to make them green),

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-60CM-24-12V-Side-SMD-Side-emitting-Waterproof-Flexible-LED-STRIP-LIGHT-Green-/221063964809?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3378706889&vxp=mtr. What would these connect through? 

uhhh. life would be so much better if people would just rediscover RGB lighting...

Has anyone found a RGB strip narrow enough to fit? 

A 3528 strip is around 8mm thick, and with some careful grinding, and cutting I think that will fit. A 5050 strip is 10mm wide. 

Also a RGB 3528 will NOT produce white. 

Hi Jesse,

Really looking forward to seeing that video you've made.

Can you elaborate on what you needed to do for the power & HDD leds?

Also do you think this 5mm RGB LED Strip I have found on ebay would fit? It says its 5mm x 3mm thick so hopefully it will.

Was thinking it would be awesome hooked into a corsair link lighting kit or something of the like as a temp indicator light!

Thanks for the write up! Loving this case!

Goobz

Hi Jesse,

Really looking forward to seeing that video you've made.

Can you elaborate on what you needed to do for the power & HDD leds?

Also do you think this 5mm RGB LED Strip I have found on ebay would fit? It says its 5mm x 3mm thick so hopefully it will.

Was thinking it would be awesome hooked into a corsair link lighting kit or something of the like as a temp indicator light!

Thanks for the write up! Loving this case!

Goobz

Found a better one:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-5M-SMD-3528-RGB-300-LED-Light-Strip-44Key-IR-remote-Power-adapte/400498788715?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D163%26meid%3D2526855658914235224%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D1088%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D231013741029%26

$5 extra for remote, power and ir emitter!

I assume you know that 3528 RGB are individual red, green & blue LEDs.. meaning they do not make variable colors like 5050 RGB.  5050 RGB are all three colors in one LED.. meaning the light color is a mix if all three so make any color you want,  not just individual red, green & blue colors.

http://www.flexfireleds.com/pages/Comparison-between-3528-LEDs-and-5050-LEDs.html

This video shows the difference