Bill Owen

Mod Zoo Podcast Listener Q&A Thread

Questions for reunion show:

• Kyle's status for Australian citizenship.  You mispronounce all the same words, should be a breeze.
  • Cheaps' renter sex toy count.
  • Does EEL tease his wife as much as he teases us?
  • How the hell does Toby do all he does in an apartment with a ton of kids?
  • When is the Zoo Crew taking over the Hexagon Bar?  I've got a thing for purple neon.

haha, HEXAGON Bar is a DUMP..... They serve Microwave Pizza, Need I say more?

Until next Podcast, I will do some impromptu Google Hangout Videos whenever the Mod Zoo Staff is at Mnpctech, just add me to your G+ circles, and watch for surprise broadcasts https://plus.google.com/u/0/+BillOwen_gaming_pc_case_mods_mnpctech/posts

Questions for reunion show:

• Kyle's status for Australian citizenship.  You mispronounce all the same words, should be a breeze.
  • Cheaps' renter sex toy count.
  • Does EEL tease his wife as much as he teases us?
  • How the hell does Toby do all he does in an apartment with a ton of kids?
  • When is the Zoo Crew taking over the Hexagon Bar?  I've got a thing for purple neon.

I concur on all fronts. 

Only thing is, why 'reunion'?  Are we Pink Floyd?  Did we break up or something?  Nope; just concentrating on our own poops for a bit is all.  :D

Good morning all, can somebody please point me in the right direction for questions relating difference between 1/2 and 3/4 - 1/2 fittings? I am a total noon regarding fittings:) thank you

Open to everyone:

What you got for Christmas? (Were you on santa's good or naughty list)

New years resolutions?

Mods in the pipeline for this year?

Any particular skills you'd like advance this year? Me for example - I'm getting into welding.

Bill:

Would you get Dixie into search training as a hobby? Saw her in the video using her nose very well and with her breed she'd make an excellent search dog. My hyper Labrador is 7 years old and I just started teaching him within the past 6 months, it's great fun and something a little unique.

Also.... REVEAL YOUR SECRET PROJECT! :P

Kyle:

Now that you're finished with studying can we expect to see mods from yourself? If so, give us a brief summary.

Cheaps:

How in blazes did you end up with -49999952 rep?

Cheaps:

How in blazes did you end up with -49999952 rep?

Lol as an Admin he can manually set rep

Those are some pretty good questions :)

What about reflections on the previous year? Favorite or most surprising projects shared by someone on the Zoo?

We're recording a new episode!

This thread hasn't been updated in a year, so we can expect lots of questions from everyone!

...or you just gave up on us. ..lol

For every Munkey in the podcast, what are your thoughts about the dispute between CaseLabs and TT? Your thoughts as a Designer/Modder about this? I have seen comments over at Facebook stating that the "copied" new cases from TT would appeal much more to consumers who doesn't have the money to spend to buy an "Original" CaseLabs cases. It's true, I guess, on a consumer point of view. "Business is business" as what one comment stated. 

And if you guys are on the shoes of Kevin, Jim, and the people over at CaseLabs, what is the best way to deal with this kinds of situations?

Great questions Guys!

For every Munkey in the podcast, what are your thoughts about the dispute between CaseLabs and TT? Your thoughts as a Designer/Modder about this? I have seen comments over at Facebook stating that the "copied" new cases from TT would appeal much more to consumers who doesn't have the money to spend to buy an "Original" CaseLabs cases. It's true, I guess, on a consumer point of view. "Business is business" as what one comment stated. 

And if you guys are on the shoes of Kevin, Jim, and the people over at CaseLabs, what is the best way to deal with this kinds of situations?

This will be one of our main discussion topics

Great questions Guys!

This will be one of our main discussion topics

Yeah. I saw a video of TTL and Daz yesterday about this issue. As TTL said, this issue has a huge potential of affecting us and the industry on a very negative way. I know at main land china, making a copy or faking products has somewhat became a "trend" there. As if it was legal there to do so. I was just surprised that TT was actually proud and was up front about this. When I saw Kevin's post with the photos of their case side by side with the TT ones, I thought he made a mistake of using the same caselabs cases, until I saw a small TT logo on the other photo. I wonder if they already made a copy of "Cheapskate" there yet... :P

Hey guys, with social media becoming more widespread and the ability of people to express their opinions more openly than ever, how do negative reactions affect your work and projects?  Not on a butt-hurt or ego level, but as far as future designs and ideas.  Does one idea flopping "in the public eye" tend to keep you away from similar ideas or light the fire to push things further?  I want to make a kitchen mixer that plays Crysis after some rough feedback on a case makers facebook page, but how does it change your designs and mods, if it does at all?

@Sphinx, we're watching too, and JayZ2cents mentioned he was going to share his thoughts in video today

for anyone interested, here is Caselab's Kevin Keating's post on facebook, https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1413341898991146&id=100009460486462&pnref=story

@InsolentGnome, that's a great question, cant wait to share my own thoughts and hear everyone else's. We've all been in that position.

Modders need good quick snacks for marathon modding sessions. What is each monkey's favorite grilled cheese recipe?