Orange Clockwerk

[Grey Matter] Cooler Master HAF 912 Completed! 12/12/14 : Nominated for Mod of the Year!

Thanks Jesse! Ive learned quite a bit of how to fine tune my skills while doing this build, and spending most of my time here on the ModZoo as well, a lot of positive reinforcement with good ideas and engineering here, its great.

It is, I was telling Bill Friday, that the modzoo so far is living up to its name. If you go through the work log section, log after log there is so much awesome stuff here, that it blows my mind away. 

And I'm glad that people like you are here, and making the zoo an even better place to be. Cant wait to see more of the build. 

I too have been looking at PCIe Risers for a HTPC concept that's been in my noggin for almost a year. I have a similar idea for GPU placement and I'm hoping to join you in the unusual GPU placement land before too long.  Looks cool :)

I too have been looking at PCIe Risers for a HTPC concept that's been in my noggin for almost a year. I have a similar idea for GPU placement and I'm hoping to join you in the unusual GPU placement land before too long.  Looks cool :)

Thanks man, it opens up for some cool ideas If you go with the GPU risers. I would recommend these http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?pv1434=4&FV=fff40018%2Cfff802e7%2Cfffc0013&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25 over the cheaper 10$ cable like the one in my photos. Im just using it for testing and what not. 

Nice work! Great attention to detail.

I have to agree from what I've read about the $10 cables> JUNK! The shielded ones seem like the way to go.

Keep'em coming!!

Nice work! Great attention to detail.

I have to agree from what I've read about the $10 cables> JUNK! The shielded ones seem like the way to go.

Keep'em coming!!

Thanks man! I've been trying really hard to tie up all loose ends on this project while pushing the envelope. 

Yeah, I read about the 3m when I looked into that guy who built that wall mount PC on a big board thing. 

Ill try an keep updates rolling in once a week!

Digging riser cards and the rad covers, also the custom roof job.  Dank Poopadilly generator modding if I may say so myself.  Keep up the good work Orange.

Thank man!! Just saw your comment. Posting a little update now!

Hey guys, back with another weekly update. I am waiting on acrylic cement syringes so I couldnt get as much done as I wanted to but I got a little bit accomplished this week. Here we go:

First I started with making a motherboard shroud. It was going to look awesome and I was super excited only to find out it hit the radiator in my top panel. So I cut it down and made it half size. Im going to add to some acrylic to it up the let side when I get my syringes. It will have embedded LED's to make it glow.

beknhKU.jpg

iCo67eN.jpg

CjVZDTg.jpg

NsyeekU.jpg

Cn2G73K.jpg

wACU8cJ.jpg

fiqXa6O.jpg

7cI358C.jpg

yFlD5Fy.jpg

TIpFyOk.jpg

rJUBABE.jpg

04m0ApG.jpg

My EKWB 2x Monarch RAM water blocks came in, so I got them prepped and painted, they are currently drying Ill have more photos of them next week.

9BO7A2d.jpg

ng7Ydop.jpg

mPWnsWB.jpg

I ended up peeling off the EK badges instead of taping them off.

YooUBdx.jpg

The other part here being primed is the motherboard heat sink.

iQCK416.jpg

Painted the RAM had to flip and prime the MB sink so its off to the side.

kJvT82V.jpg

Here is a couple photos of testing out some fittings, then I installed the second and final bulkhead through the middle panel.

U5SgGsh.jpg

Bluw9Dj.jpg

j35pUcA.jpg

MjltR4m.jpg

Going with my grey carbon accents I wrapped my Samsung Pro SSD

3IB089H.jpg

OdrnXiI.jpg

Here are photos of some lighting options Ill be using and I started sleeving some wires for the front panel and PSU, I still have a few more to do. I remade my own VGA power wires because the EVGA PSU came with red wires so I remade them with white because it was showing through the white sleeve. I used LutroO's Teleios sleeving with the non-heat shrink method. I also changed the connectors that will be seen with white connectors and I am using white heat shrink for when I sleeve things that require it.

6Xoadz9.jpg

7pmfx5d.jpg

30p6TOH.jpg

FMbmXrq.jpg

mNC8JcG.jpg

qUBkPXn.jpg

L380mEZ.jpg

HgFIFI8.jpg

hBPwYc9.jpg

pVGyb1F.jpg

U6dNzva.jpg

KkYoeoV.jpg

C9caqH9.jpg

fB8Gc3J.jpg

Ul739VR.jpg

I cut wire routing holes in the center panel for running my cables from the PSU chamber. Clamp a fence and hit up the Bosch Colt. I love that thing!:dremel:

kZzigyW.jpg

XpIXEjx.jpg

6T3yQIT.jpg

Looking like a CNC did the job! :thumb:

UsvYFIN.jpg

oftU9Bg.jpg

NNgl1Cx.jpg

gwv6T67.jpg

That's all I have for now. I hope to have a bigger update next week. I kinda added extra pics this week to make up for it. Next week I'm hoping to have a front panel made, and my disc drive chamber along with my hand made reservoir built and mounted.

Awesome job, and You've sold me on getting that hand Router!

No kidding, every cut you make looks really clean.  The hits keep rolling, nice job on the sleeving and the shroud.  Super clean.

Awesome job, and You've sold me on getting that hand Router!

Thanks Bill! I swear by that Bosch Colt! Its been treating me very well. Cutting with a fence really looks like a CNC did the work. 

No kidding, every cut you make looks really clean.  The hits keep rolling, nice job on the sleeving and the shroud.  Super clean.

Thanks man! I really wish I had like 1/2" more room to do a full cover shroud but the half shroud will do. I think Im going to Use MDPC sleeve for my next project.

Man that shroud looks really really great. Love the speed at which you are working as well, its amazing. And above all the quality of work.

I agree those cuts look like they were made on a CNC. 

Man that shroud looks really really great. Love the speed at which you are working as well, its amazing. And above all the quality of work.

I agree those cuts look like they were made on a CNC. 

Thanks Jesse! I have been moving right along on this one, I tried to set it up so Id have work to do while waiting on money for parts and waiting for parts in the mail. I try to keep a weekly update going. I like to show that Im always working on something =D