Orange Clockwerk

[Grey Matter] Cooler Master HAF 912 Completed! 12/12/14 : Nominated for Mod of the Year!

Wow, this is really lookin' great.  Love the shade of gray (pun intended) that you chose. 

Can't wait to see this completed.

Wow, this is really lookin' great.  Love the shade of gray (pun intended) that you chose. 

Can't wait to see this completed.

Thanks! I was looking through a lot of worklogs before starting this and that color scheme never popped up, So I went with it. Its a really nice contrast of colors.

Omg! I've been catching up on my stuff and didn't see your work yet. Count me as a fan of your workmanship.  I'm drooling over your tool collection and you can use them.  Man oh man Cool!

Thanks dude! Next tool to add is a CNC! Even if I had one Id still do most work with that Bosch Colt router, I love that thing!

Thanks!! I saw the FB post this morning!

Have you considered doing cable lacing like alpenwasser did in his Project HELIOS? It would definitely make your cables look even neater.  :lol:

Yeah I was planning on doing that when I finalize the cables, I love the way it looks sewn up. I wanna alternate white and grey threads when I sew it up too.

Watch for the next update..it should be sweet and have a video!!

Thanks dude! Next tool to add is a CNC! Even if I had one Id still do most work with that Bosch Colt router,

Lot of guys use the Bosch colt in CNC routers...best of both worlds!!

Build is stunning!!

Lot of guys use the Bosch colt in CNC routers...best of both worlds!!

Build is stunning!!

Thanks man! Yeah Ive seen at Rockler they sell their CNCs and recommend using a bosch colt, that would be really badass lol

Really nice build going on here  ...wow

great work on the router its inspiring me to take mine out

Thanks fuzzy! Yah man break that router out, such an awesome tool. Spiral double flute up-cut bits and a fence for the win!

Hey again! Back with another weekly update! Got some work done this week, I didn't have most of my parts until the weekend but I got my reservoir built and leak tested. I just need to trim it and finish it up. Here are the photos. Enjoy:thumb:

First off I wanna put up the new parts. Here is a new bit for my Bosch Colt router. Its a 1/8" double flute up-spiral bit for more intricate cuts now.

d5leOe1.jpg

I bought four ENERMAX 120mm PWM fans. White with white LED's. I also have 2 fan filters for the input fans.

K5pcjmZ.jpg

Here are some fittings I got. I still need some more but I wanted enough to make up most of my acrylic tubing bends get that ready. I got the new Primochill white Revolver fittings and more EK-CSQ 90° fittings.

gQl84lG.jpg

Z1axczh.jpg

k8z5Doh.jpg

More goodies from MNPCtech.com. Some U-channel molding and 3m scotch bright scuffing pads.

Here are some links to find them. 

4gu90mI.jpg

Im really liking this thinner lower profile channeling. Its what I plan to use on my window.

XV5tFqR.jpg

I got two 6 foot pieces of acrylic tubing. I have extra available at 2$/foot if anyone is interested.

J8W4OqL.jpg

So lets get to the work. First thing I started to tackle was the door panel. I cut the panel out and painted it grey. Right now I am waiting on white plasti-dip that I want to try and use on the u-channel molding. I will add the acrylic window once I test the plasti-dip. 

7MkaZfn.jpg

I cut off all the metal edges on the inside of the panel. ill be mounting it differently at a later date.

2dtBAZU.jpg

I got it down to bare metal and cut the panel out.

Ip3dLtD.jpg

mKmIv59.jpg

Cyp5Fzf.jpg

I got it down to here but ended up cuting off the metal tabs.

iBo0akv.jpg

I primed and scuffed the panel for paint. Then used the tack clothe to remove the dust before spraying.

sLOpVAE.jpg

eBP1LJF.jpg

I painted it with the dark grey and held it up for a photo. I will finish hopefully for the next update.

2vOZXvu.jpg

9QIJvy3.jpg

I painted the motherboard heat sink white with the high temp paint. To add more white to the motherboard.

waomZHa.jpg

NF9N2BG.jpg

I finished painting the ram modules white and put them together and installed the blocks.

0Wde6x7.jpg

oEEIpT1.jpg

JXeMRYb.jpg

oFoys3D.jpg

I remade my GPU rear panel mount with 1/4" acrylic.

nvfY8hS.jpg

3pAjXj8.jpg

7PXkIwA.jpg

I decided to use the clear 3m tap to put on my rad covers instead of drilling them. I think it looks much much cleaner like this.

kxSHIrQ.jpg

UTohrDp.jpg

Earlier in the week I did a test fit to show the rigid tubing in the build. These are the older Primochill fittings here.

GqbupQM.jpg

OH8656c.jpg

Now for the coolest part of the update. My handmade acrylic waterfall reservoir. I used 3/8" clear acrylic. It was kind of rugged I could of used 1/4". The inside chamber is made of 1/8"clear acrylic. I will be adding white 1/8" acrylic trim to all the panel faces on the reservoir which will hide all the glued seams. This is just the building of the main structure followed by a leak test. Ill have it finalized for next update.

Sb1dlpf.jpg

Zcy1krG.jpg

I wanted to point out the difference of a table saw vs. the Bosch Colt with a spiral bit. So much cleaner of a cut. 

8XeFPLB.jpg

You know your a modder when you get excited when you cut is so on point it splits your pencil line in half. I tried to show that here. :dremel: :lol:

RKLBpq1.jpg

The first couple panels glued together.

N75pVDF.jpg

Drilled and tapped output and input holes.

oPJqofY.jpg

elqrLOj.jpg

qnDsMf1.jpg

Started to add the top chamber.

ypRszZ4.jpg

Drilled and tapped a fill port.

dtAbYCJ.jpg

In place ready for the sides. In hindsight I should of measured to add the sides on top the edge instead of measuring to fit the sides in between the edges. Either way it worked out. With the white trim I add you wont be able to tell either way.

EwlxWUw.jpg

58h2gFF.jpg

saDVHCq.jpg

Once the sides were on, I left the top off just in case I needed to to anything inside. I would set it on for the testing with running water.

GCO6CPL.jpg

I jumped out my PSU to run the pump and set up a stand. Also bent up a little rigid tubing for the test stand. I used a box at first then I made a wooded stand.

YkI9l4S.jpg

lURIHK0.jpg

rOJfCTC.jpg

XhmLsqW.jpg

I added red dye to the water so you could see it better. After the test I found two small leaks. I drained the reservoir and seal them up. Its working flawless now. I should have that finished with the trim and mounted in place for net update. Here is a video I made of the reservoir running so you can get the full effect. I cant wait to see this with the white trim and Mayhems pastel white mixed up with red and green dye to make a grey pastel. Enjoy the vid! Thanks for watching. :clap:

Thats all I have for this week. Tune in next Monday for another update!:thumb:

Hey again! Back with another weekly update! Got some work done this week, I didn't have most of my parts until the weekend but I got my reservoir built and leak tested. I just need to trim it and finish it up. Here are the photos. Enjoy:thumb:

First off I wanna put up the new parts. Here is a new bit for my Bosch Colt router. Its a 1/8" double flute up-spiral bit for more intricate cuts now.

d5leOe1.jpg

I bought four ENERMAX 120mm PWM fans. White with white LED's. I also have 2 fan filters for the input fans.

K5pcjmZ.jpg

Here are some fittings I got. I still need some more but I wanted enough to make up most of my acrylic tubing bends get that ready. I got the new Primochill white Revolver fittings and more EK-CSQ 90° fittings.

gQl84lG.jpg

Z1axczh.jpg

k8z5Doh.jpg

More goodies from MNPCtech.com. Some U-channel molding and 3m scotch bright scuffing pads.

Here are some links to find them. 

4gu90mI.jpg

Im really liking this thinner lower profile channeling. Its what I plan to use on my window.

XV5tFqR.jpg

I got two 6 foot pieces of acrylic tubing. I have extra available at 2$/foot if anyone is interested.

J8W4OqL.jpg

So lets get to the work. First thing I started to tackle was the door panel. I cut the panel out and painted it grey. Right now I am waiting on white plasti-dip that I want to try and use on the u-channel molding. I will add the acrylic window once I test the plasti-dip. 

7MkaZfn.jpg

I cut off all the metal edges on the inside of the panel. ill be mounting it differently at a later date.

2dtBAZU.jpg

I got it down to bare metal and cut the panel out.

Ip3dLtD.jpg

mKmIv59.jpg

Cyp5Fzf.jpg

I got it down to here but ended up cuting off the metal tabs.

iBo0akv.jpg

I primed and scuffed the panel for paint. Then used the tack clothe to remove the dust before spraying.

sLOpVAE.jpg

eBP1LJF.jpg

I painted it with the dark grey and held it up for a photo. I will finish hopefully for the next update.

2vOZXvu.jpg

9QIJvy3.jpg

I painted the motherboard heat sink white with the high temp paint. To add more white to the motherboard.

waomZHa.jpg

NF9N2BG.jpg

I finished painting the ram modules white and put them together and installed the blocks.

0Wde6x7.jpg

oEEIpT1.jpg

JXeMRYb.jpg

oFoys3D.jpg

I remade my GPU rear panel mount with 1/4" acrylic.

nvfY8hS.jpg

3pAjXj8.jpg

7PXkIwA.jpg

I decided to use the clear 3m tap to put on my rad covers instead of drilling them. I think it looks much much cleaner like this.

kxSHIrQ.jpg

UTohrDp.jpg

Earlier in the week I did a test fit to show the rigid tubing in the build. These are the older Primochill fittings here.

GqbupQM.jpg

OH8656c.jpg

Now for the coolest part of the update. My handmade acrylic waterfall reservoir. I used 3/8" clear acrylic. It was kind of rugged I could of used 1/4". The inside chamber is made of 1/8"clear acrylic. I will be adding white 1/8" acrylic trim to all the panel faces on the reservoir which will hide all the glued seams. This is just the building of the main structure followed by a leak test. Ill have it finalized for next update.

Sb1dlpf.jpg

Zcy1krG.jpg

I wanted to point out the difference of a table saw vs. the Bosch Colt with a spiral bit. So much cleaner of a cut. 

8XeFPLB.jpg

You know your a modder when you get excited when you cut is so on point it splits your pencil line in half. I tried to show that here. :dremel: :lol:

RKLBpq1.jpg

The first couple panels glued together.

N75pVDF.jpg

Drilled and tapped output and input holes.

oPJqofY.jpg

elqrLOj.jpg

qnDsMf1.jpg

Started to add the top chamber.

ypRszZ4.jpg

Drilled and tapped a fill port.

dtAbYCJ.jpg

In place ready for the sides. In hindsight I should of measured to add the sides on top the edge instead of measuring to fit the sides in between the edges. Either way it worked out. With the white trim I add you wont be able to tell either way.

EwlxWUw.jpg

58h2gFF.jpg

saDVHCq.jpg

Once the sides were on, I left the top off just in case I needed to to anything inside. I would set it on for the testing with running water.

GCO6CPL.jpg

I jumped out my PSU to run the pump and set up a stand. Also bent up a little rigid tubing for the test stand. I used a box at first then I made a wooded stand.

YkI9l4S.jpg

lURIHK0.jpg

rOJfCTC.jpg

XhmLsqW.jpg

I added red dye to the water so you could see it better. After the test I found two small leaks. I drained the reservoir and seal them up. Its working flawless now. I should have that finished with the trim and mounted in place for net update. Here is a video I made of the reservoir running so you can get the full effect. I cant wait to see this with the white trim and Mayhems pastel white mixed up with red and green dye to make a grey pastel. Enjoy the vid! Thanks for watching. :clap:

Thats all I have for this week. Tune in next Monday for another update!:thumb:

You'll forgive me for the late arrival, playing build log catch up across the forum...  :P

Absolutely mint waterfall res, love it  :wub:

You'll forgive me for the late arrival, playing build log catch up across the forum...  :P

Absolutely mint waterfall res, love it  :wub:

No problem bro, I appreciate the comment!

I agree the acrylic work looks awesome!

But we have a real problem now.....Title says HAF-912........

This was the last tell-tell piece of it.  :P

Thanks dude! lol the only thing that will be left in the end is the bottom panel, the roof panel, and the front and top plastic pieces, everything else is custom haha

Just when I think this build can't get any better, you pull out something more amazing than last time. That reservoir is simply amazing, there are no other words to describe it. 

Other than that I'm speechless. 

Just when I think this build can't get any better, you pull out something more amazing than last time. That reservoir is simply amazing, there are no other words to describe it. 

Other than that I'm speechless. 

haha Thanks Jesse! I finished the white trim for it last night. Ill have it in my next update, Im waiting on more acrylic to show up to finish the Blu-ray driver chamber I'm mounting on top. 

Dude, that res is sweet! One of the best working ones I've seen of that. I had just been saying to Bill that I had an idea for a variation on something like this, after going out to dinner with clients in LA... Very nicely done.

Dude, that res is sweet! One of the best working ones I've seen of that. I had just been saying to Bill that I had an idea for a variation on something like this, after going out to dinner with clients in LA... Very nicely done.

Thanks Mos! I was skeptical after I made it, wondering If it was going to work correctly. The rough engineering I did in my head made sense, but I didn't know what to expect with the real version. Luckily it works pretty well. The water rushes out fast making the water level on the left hand side a little higher but so much water is being pushed that it all flows over rather evenly. The other issue I had was making sure there was enough liquid in it, because it was making a mini whirlpool and sucking an air bubble into the pump and stopping the flow. Once the water was high enough where the suction didn't pull air it was fine. 

But will there be enough water movement once you have it going through the radiator and blocks? That seemed to be a common problem I was seeing, they'd only get water flowing over one side, or one area. Maybe if you did a version 2, you could put in some sort of baffle or other anti-cyclone measures to prevent the issue, but it sounds like it works as is :)

But will there be enough water movement once you have it going through the radiator and blocks? That seemed to be a common problem I was seeing, they'd only get water flowing over one side, or one area. Maybe if you did a version 2, you could put in some sort of baffle or other anti-cyclone measures to prevent the issue, but it sounds like it works as is :)

lol well find out when I set up the loop =D I have a feeling it will be fine, Im going to put the pump on its own control with the CPU MB header and the Swiftech pwm d5 pumps are pretty powerful. After doing this Ill probably be hand-making reservoirs for all my future builds so Ill definitely make revisions to eliminate any issues I run into.