Orange Clockwerk

[Grey Matter] Cooler Master HAF 912 Completed! 12/12/14 : Nominated for Mod of the Year!

outstanding stuff here man! i kinda wish i had the know how to do alot of that stuff

Thanks dude! It just takes practice man, my family members look at this and ask where I learned to do it, and I literally just watched a bunch of modding youtube videos and practicing with power tools. Eventually things come together. Just practice practice and more practice.

Thanks dude! It just takes practice man, my family members look at this and ask where I learned to do it, and I literally just watched a bunch of modding youtube videos and practicing with power tools. Eventually things come together. Just practice practice and more practice.

right on. im currently modding with only hand tools a dremel and a power drill. ive got a miter saw brand new in the box i just havent put my shop together in my barn yet. also love your table router. seems pretty appropriate for almost everything.

right on. im currently modding with only hand tools a dremel and a power drill. ive got a miter saw brand new in the box i just havent put my shop together in my barn yet. also love your table router. seems pretty appropriate for almost everything.

For cutting acrylic I would always recommend a palm router. I clamp a fence 1-3/4" for and inside cut and 2" for an outside cut and it is perfect every time if u use a precision ruler. Ill post a picture of one in the tools forum. Using the ruler and a router with a fence you are guaranteed perfect cuts with a little practice. Im pretty sure my carbide router bits should cut aluminum pretty good as well, Im going to try using aluminum a bit in my next build.

Another weekly update here. Currently waiting on acrylic from TAP plastics who doesn't like to tell you that your items are out of stock and never contact you. They just wait until you call them to tell you. Going through McMaster from now on. I need acrylic to finish up my reservoir trim, Blu-Ray enclosure, and rear motherboard tray panel which will hide all the wires. Once those mods are finished Ill basically be waiting on money to buy my GPU and then I can tie it all up. I made my window, started running acrylic tubing, and started trimming up my reservoir. Here are the photos!

First I would like to post my new tool from MNPCtech.com, the acrylic tube reamer. Now I can easily remove the burred edge from cutting the acrylic tubing. Here is a link to the website where you can purchase.Acrylic Tube Reamer from MNPCtech.com

nCd1xVl.jpg

Here I added to the motherboard shroud up the left hand side to cover the I/O area.

aKGYbMx.jpg

I made a little panel to hold the new white LED vandal switches.

AIsQYgP.jpg

I filed a small roundover on the corners.

YTS1s9n.jpg

Will be mounted right on the front. Sorry for the shadow.

zBVnFOe.jpg

Here is the GPU mounting I/O. I added a  3rd layer of 1/8th inch acrylic and wrapped it in the grey carbon. I sold my 480 GTX's so Im waiting on my cash to get my 780 GTX to glue it down and router out the hole.

MzLSmku.jpg

LFbwJ3l.jpg

I cut most of the trim for my reservoir. I need to make the Blu-ray enclosure before I trim the part that will show out the bay drives in the front. I might make a few adjustments but Its pretty much heading in the right direction. I have a few photos of the enclosure I made but the sides were too thin only using 2 pieces of acrylic and I had some cracking. I am going to triple it up and make the top screw on like shown in the photos.

AldFcet.jpg

oX4YUYB.jpg

F3pUpZT.jpg

8xqKz18.jpg

4KfodvH.jpg

RFJlUwc.jpg

cXE1eSg.jpg

Nvu4tSp.jpg

uGZYcnT.jpg

QopEHEI.jpg

sbBbOAW.jpg

fEXtIeN.jpg

VAelhNc.jpg

uevMAhj.jpg

Here is where I will triple up.

vbMmCLs.jpg

tvKvjgv.jpg

Reservoir set in place. I cant wait to have that finished up!:thumb:

9rzwSKD.jpg

9rzwSKD.jpg

JMWW6Hm.jpg

Once I placed in the reservoir I started getting my tubing shaped and cut.

HIEA64E.jpg

Sp4qTDO.jpg

tNgGUNk.jpg

This origionally was supposed to be straight across but I measure the hole on the reservoir without the 1/8th in acrylic trim on the bottom :wallbash: So I put an offset in the tube instead of having it on a slight up angle.

lwJTrZ4.jpg

Radaitor to RAM offset looks nice here I think.

ooa03u9.jpg

c7JL80R.jpg

Im going to remake the bulkhead to motor tube because it isn't bent correctly. I had a whole ordeal down there because I wasn't paying attention to the input and output of the pump block. So the bulkhead isn't exactly placed in the optimal position. So I had to change the configuration of the acrylic tubing. :wallbash: It will teach me to pay more attention in the future.

PEAaV2D.jpg

I used up my old Primochill ghost fittings to create as many links as I could. I need 2 more EK-CSQ 90° fittings and 12 more Primochill revolver fittings to complete the loop in its entirety.

s7CA63K.jpg

Last thing I did this week was make my window. I finally found white Plasti-dip at Lowes to paint the MNPCtech U-channel white. It was well worth it because the white channeling trim really sets off the window!:clap::thumb:

I put the U-channel on to get to the right length.

oVdGYPo.jpg

Then I put it on scrap piece of angled plastic to paint with plasti-dip.

yhv3dgD.jpg

Then reapplied the channel.

gSqPyhQ.jpg

Traced the pattern.

W4g14PE.jpg

Outlined the pattern 3/8" away because that is all the clearance I had in some areas because the window would hit the case frame.

2i5SdiJ.jpg

Cut the window on the scroll saw and applied it with clear 3m modding tape.

orC6PMB.jpg

6soVCiy.jpg

LK5V4xR.jpg

Set the window in front of the case for a couple photos. It came out exactly as planned! I still need to drill out mounting holes for it, but its lookin good!

vwADLOD.jpg

0JOPUIb.jpg

Well that is all I have! Thanks for tuning in! Should have more in next update, finishing up loose ends and what not. Looking to finish the build with my Dec. 15th paycheck. See ya next week!

Very nice. You make all this acrylic work look so easy!

Thanks Mos! After a few tests with the Bosch I found it to cut aluminum like butter as well, I think Ill be using multiple materials next build, and I cant wait! =D

So fresh and so clean clean!  The plastidip u-channel looks stellar and I think the trim work you've done is top notch.  Can't wait to see you get fluid in the waterfall.

Thanks man! I'm itching to get some EK fluid in there and fill it with the "Grey Matter" lol I'm anticipating the GPU the most, I cant wait to finally mount it in there vertically =D

Lookin good Jim! everything is coming together man!

Thanks Bill! Yeah its almost there..my last bit of acrylic will be here tomorrow, and I would say in the next 2 weeks it will just be waiting on the GPU! I cant wait to wrap it up and start my next build!

lookin real good man.

Thanks!!

Looking really great.

Thank you!!

Ill have a update coming in Monday the 25th, I finished the reservoir and Blu-ray enclosure. I don't want to do the last tear down and final rebuild until I get my gpu so I can fit it into place and finish that so Im trying tie up loose ends. Ill probably try to finish the wiring and lighting over the weekend to put in the next update.

Hey everyone! Sorry I  had to wait an extra week to post, I haven't had much to do because I have been waiting on my GPU. I managed to finish my reservoir trim and make the Blu-ray enclosure. I made a switch panel that I am going to re-build and extend, but Ill show where its currently. This is not that big of an update, but I am ordering my GPU on Wednesday Nov. 27th and when it arrives its go time. I should be finishing up around mid December.

Anyway on with the work!

I picked up the high quality 3m sheilded PCI-E extender cable for mounting my GPU vertically. This bad boy is well worth the the extra money. The 3m brand always represents quality. You can see as It sits next to the 7$ Poopadilly China version that it is much much better even though its 10x the price. 

LWFy89S.jpg

ZuiMyUz.jpg

Here are the little mods I did for the new vandal switches with white LED's. I'm going to remake the mounting panel and stretch it all the way from end to end and router out a line for the usb's and audio jacks.

znGkel2.jpg

xmoUOYf.jpg

xkbE58y.jpg

HTtpeWY.jpg

Once my acrylic arrived I was able to finish my reservoir trim and build the Blu-ray drive enclosure. It turned out pretty good and wires will be hidden and look clean. I glued together three 1/2" strips of acrylic to make the walls for the enclosure and plugged in some threaded inserts to make the top removable. For the front face trim I left out a section for the BR drive, pre-cut a slice with the dremel :dremel:, and used a flush cut router bit to remove acrylic for the front of the drive. Then I mounted the reservoir in place and Ill have 4 screws holding it in place from the motherboard panel. 

HMLp7VL.jpg

Hsvjk3Y.jpg

7mQeOnR.jpg

HSSCyJj.jpg

9JUMMeA.jpg

KnC01Js.jpg

DSjHyot.jpg

EU38f4z.jpg

9ZUILxL.jpg

5JQLfNu.jpg

rg4e72H.jpg

Final pics of the reservoir in place.

UgG4WXr.jpg

YdRMyqu.jpg

eQIOlQP.jpg

mP62zNx.jpg

Id like to apologize for the small update, money is such a burden on my modding progress sometimes :wallbash:. Next update should be much larger and I should have it nearing completion! :clap: Thanks for reading and see talk to ya soon!