Welcome to The Mod Zoo

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mosquito

[MOD] - Visible Contrast - Updated 18th, Nov 2013 - Completed Photos with Transparent LCD

215 posts in this topic

it makes public appearances for the right amount of cash though ;)

It is my main desktop though, so if/when we have another Zoo LAN it'll probably be there :)

Very nice job man. I really dig the White & Black theme. I have a white diablotech case I was considering doing blue highlights on. I really love the transparent LCD. I have never seen one of those until now. Very very nice case mod :)

thats an amazing build! i need to learn to crimp and do my cables! looks so damn nice with the combo of cables/case in same colours

Thanks! This was the first time I did the cable lacing, and first theme sleeving I did. I've done all black before this, but this was the first time I've done it to match my build (and also first time using paracord sleeving). Lots of fun :)

Very nice job man. I really dig the White & Black theme. I have a white diablotech case I was considering doing blue highlights on. I really love the transparent LCD. I have never seen one of those until now. Very very nice case mod :)

Thanks man! That was why I did this mod; I had the case, and the idea, and never seen it done before. I don't really like black and white themes with black as the main color, or with an even spread. The primarily white with a few black accents worked for me, though. I imagine the same with blue instead of black would look sweet too!

Very cool Chris, I was wondering if they had dropped that section, because I didn't see it in last months issue. Can't wait to get the hard copy. You have been working hard and this is well deserved my friend!

I just saw this yesterday, and as soon as I saw the LCD on the side panel, my eyes popped out! And those LCD's are hard to find now. I wanted to make one for my next build too! May I ask permission to use the LCD idea of your for my next project? At first, I thought there was a small projector inside the case, but then I went to the build log and saw that it was actually a LCD screen but the back light was not working which, for me, became a very cool and interesting thing! 

1000000000x salute! :D

I just saw this yesterday, and as soon as I saw the LCD on the side panel, my eyes popped out! And those LCD's are hard to find now. I wanted to make one for my next build too! May I ask permission to use the LCD idea of your for my next project? At first, I thought there was a small projector inside the case, but then I went to the build log and saw that it was actually a LCD screen but the back light was not working which, for me, became a very cool and interesting thing! 

1000000000x salute! :D

Pretty much any LCD works, I just used the USB powered one so I wouldn't have to run more power and an external video cable. I don't have any patents or trademarks so feel free :P It was certainly one of my favorite projects so far.

Seeing another pic in a different Max PC. Cool Bro, the Zoo strikes again!

Hmm? Did I miss something? Zoo members certainly seem to be getting a fair bit of attention lately... Have you written up an entry for Max PC's featured rigs yet? See if we can get a 3rd month in a row? lol

Unless I'm behind the curve? the latest Max PC has what they call the list and your #1 of the best reader mods. This just came out, so I think it's brand new? Anyway congrats again!