Welcome to The Mod Zoo

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

alpenwasser

ZEUS (R4 | Blue/Black | W/C) - by alpenwasser

46 posts in this topic

Yes we have regular chuckles about our filter here. comedic relief at it's best. Holly poopadilly batman !

It makes things so much more fun than just having ******'s appear or starting

to manually moderate posts and warn people about their language. It's a really

simple and fun solution IMO.

feces yeah, +1 for fun censorship! :D

Man that blues are so nice, from the reservoir to the cabes, fittings, board and memory, they're so perfect in color match, dammm...

And the radiator on the back, like it ;) nice work!

Man that blues are so nice, from the reservoir to the cabes, fittings, board and memory, they're so perfect in color match, dammm...

And the radiator on the back, like it ;) nice work!

Thanks! :)

It took me a bit of playing around with the colors on the pics, but they're pretty

close to how it actually looks in person, and I am indeed very happy with it.

It took me a while to get to that radiator placement idea, then it just popped into

my mind at some point and I went "Duh, it's so obvious when you think about it!" :D

I was wondering? after this has been in service longer now, have you see any corrosion issues up to this point?  You web site is still up so it obviously still working. we need them to stick a chunk of Copper in that mill ooo la la . 

TBH I haven't looked at it yet, but I will certainly inspect the reservoir at some point.

My website actually isn't on ZEUS though, that's a separate web hosting account
I have with my email provider.

I have rather important data on ZEUS, so hooking it up to the internet as a web server
is not an idea I'm terribly keen on, even though it would most likely save me quite a
bit of money. If I ever get experienced enough to be confident of my ability to protect
the data on ZEUS (or whichever server I'll be running by then) while using it as a web
server I might still do that, but for the time being I don't have the necessary experience
with properly configuring a web server (Apache is a terribly capable but equally as
complicated beast) IMO.

It would be nice to host a website myself, I would certainly save quite a bit of money on

bandwidth.

Really nice way, not every day you see a triple rad in the back of a case. :D

Thanks! It's admittedly not something you can usually do, unless you

want to start playing around with PCI-E risers if you need expansion

cards, but in this case it was the perfect solution. Took me a while to

get the idea though. :)

linustechtips features this build on the start of (pretty much) every video, gratz man!

btw i got a question on the 90* sata cables. i will be sleeving my psu soon and have connectors like that.. did you end up gluing the paracord down?  i was thinking about heatshrinking it like i would a 24pin but using a longer piece that would be the size of the connector and leave a lil extra on each side heatshrink so it would grab the ends of the paracord and remove the excess heatshrink that would be in the way of the connector (made a mess of my explanation.. but it would resemble the bitfenix ones)

linustechtips features this build on the start of (pretty much) every video, gratz man!

Yeah I suddenly noticed a spike in views on my thread and bandwidth on my

server and found out that's why when I caught up on his videos. :D

btw i got a question on the 90* sata cables. i will be sleeving my psu soon and have connectors like that.. did you end up gluing the paracord down?  i was thinking about heatshrinking it like i would a 24pin but using a longer piece that would be the size of the connector and leave a lil extra on each side heatshrink so it would grab the ends of the paracord and remove the excess heatshrink that would be in the way of the connector (made a mess of my explanation.. but it would resemble the bitfenix ones)

Nope, I've left it as is. The paracord pieces are just a tad too long, so they

butt up right against the connectors and the wires stay hidden. The one downside

to this is that the sleeving looks ever so slightly bulged, but I'm too busy to

do anything about that at the moment. ;)

You mean having the heatshrink go right through the connector and come out on each

side, then put the paracord into those pieces? If I've understood correctly, I'm not

sure if you could fit the wire+paracord into the connector, but it might be worth

a shot if you use thin wire and heatshrink.

Woohoo, awesome, thanks!

The fan controller is such a simple thing really, but was totally worth doing seeing

as the SP120 QE's are anything but quiet on 12 V (at least to my ears, I am of course

aware that this is somewhat subjective). As for the lacing... I think it's safe to say

I have a new addiction and when HELIOS is finally up and running there shall be lacing

of all the cables in my room (or our household, if I have the time). :D

Again, thanks! :)

You mean having the heatshrink go right through the connector and come out on each

side, then put the paracord into those pieces? If I've understood correctly, I'm not

sure if you could fit the wire+paracord into the connector, but it might be worth

a shot if you use thin wire and heatshrink.

what im thinking is.. cutting the PC to size and the HS long enough that it covers the area that the connector will go and enough to leave a 5-10mm ring on each side to hold the PC. i would be heatshrinking it to the bare wire then cutting off enough to clip in the connector.

what im thinking is.. cutting the PC to size and the HS long enough that it covers the area that the connector will go and enough to leave a 5-10mm ring on each side to hold the PC. i would be heatshrinking it to the bare wire then cutting off enough to clip in the connector.

Ah OK. Not completely sure if it'll work, but I'd say it's certainly worth a shot. :)

Love how you re-invented this case... I've done several mods with Fractal and never thought of relocating PSU to bay and the rad to the rear...Very clever!

*Made note to share your worklog link with Fractal :D   

Love how you re-invented this case... I've done several mods with Fractal and never thought of relocating PSU to bay and the rad to the rear...Very clever!

I must admit it took me a while to figure that out. I'd seen a few builds with rads

in the front and originally thought about doing that as well, while relocating the

HDD cages to the back, mounted on top of the PSU. But for one thing that would

have obscured that nice blue M/B, and secondly it would have been pretty messy

with regards to the SATA cables and mounting the cages, so eventually the idea

to do it the other way around came to me out of that hypothetical mess. :D

Thanks for the compliments! :)

*Made note to share your worklog link with Fractal :D

When Josh joined the LTT forums his very first post was actually in my build log

for this; eventually he asked if they could feature it on their FB page (linky).

It's also been featured on EKWB's FB feed recently (second linky).

So yeah, while of course I don't mod and build for the publicity of it, I must say

I've been extremely happy with the response this build has gotten (also, it's

funny how many people ask "But where's the GPU?" :D ).

And again, thanks for the kind words, they are certainly appreciated! :)

EDIT:

It's been bugging me for ages, so today I finally got off my lazy feces generator and

removed that PSU sticker, just as a side note. :lol:

Ah OK. Not completely sure if it'll work, but I'd say it's certainly worth a shot. :)

found a picture that shows what i was talking about.. this is the bitfenix ones.. im just waiting for the supply to come in so i can start trying things out.. these have a MUCH larger exposed HS than i like.

CM-201-BX_56600_600.jpg

Yeah, considering how close together SATA drives can be, this would leave

almost no sleeving and be practically all HS (such as in my build).

Yeah, considering how close together SATA drives can be, this would leave

almost no sleeving and be practically all HS (such as in my build).

you can move the clips mate, just hs over the other exposed areas.