All the holes in the cages have been repaired, if have had a problem registering previously please try again now. If you still have any problems please contact: kyle@themodzoo.com

Welcome to The Mod Zoo
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[MOD] - Visible Contrast - Updated 18th, Nov 2013 - Completed Photos with Transparent LCD

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic
Mosquito
  • Administrators
  • 1452 posts
  • Just 'Plane' Crazy
  • LocationTwin Cities, MN
  • Last active: Today, 05:57 PM

Moss this is really incredible! the possibility's are endless with this setup.  You are a trail blazer my friend.  The imitators will come flocking with all kinds of crazy stuff and you can just sit back and grin.  I want the windows in my house like this, It would be a great burglar deterrent. You can play pictures of Charles Manson or Barney the dinosaur and no one would come near your house he he he.    

Thanks man, it is really fun to try to think up new ideas, and then actually figure out how to do it. Would be interesting to see what others do with this idea, if anyone else decides to try it :D
- Mosquito
www.TheModsquito.com

Case Mods: Visible Contrast | Dancing Iridescence | Definition: Server | IBM PC-AT Reborn

Scratch Builds: Mini Watercooled HTPC | Just A-PC | Mini HTPC | Music Box | Retro HTPC

Be sure to check out our Reviews, Podcasts, and Introduce Yourself, if you haven't already!

Mosquito
  • Administrators
  • 1452 posts
  • Just 'Plane' Crazy
  • LocationTwin Cities, MN
  • Last active: Today, 05:57 PM

Well, time for some final photos. I will have a later update, once I’ve had a chance to get a video posted of the screen in action… Enjoy :)

Mosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_Liquid
I couldn’t bring myself to leave the blu-ray drive visible all the time.
For how little I actually use it, I liked hiding it this way :)

Mosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_Liquid
Um… problem? Lol

Mosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_LiquidMosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_Liquid

That’s all for this one. Hopefully back soon with some video of it in action. Thanks to everyone for all their support and comments throughout this build, it was a really fun project.

Thanks again to NZXT for sponsoring this build
Mosquito_NZXT_H230_PrimoChill_LRT_Liquid
- Mosquito
www.TheModsquito.com

Case Mods: Visible Contrast | Dancing Iridescence | Definition: Server | IBM PC-AT Reborn

Scratch Builds: Mini Watercooled HTPC | Just A-PC | Mini HTPC | Music Box | Retro HTPC

Be sure to check out our Reviews, Podcasts, and Introduce Yourself, if you haven't already!

Captain CurrySauce
  • Administrators
  • 981 posts
  • Just Plain Crazy
  • Last active: Today, 05:50 PM

Looking really nice Mos, love this build. 

His Curryness, The Jesse Lamba

alpenwasser
  • Members
  • 375 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Supporter
  • LocationSwitzerland
  • Last active: Sep 05 2014 11:12 PM
Man, that screen window is just so utterly awesome! :wub:
2014-AUG: Currently not around much due to health issues. But will be back at some point.

BUILD LOG: HELIOS (CL SMH10 | Black/Copper | EVGA SR-2 Black Edition | Copper Tubing) - Latest Update: 2013-OCT-29
BUILD LOG: APOLLO (2CPU LGA1366 Server | InWin PP689) - completed 2014-MAY-10
BUILD LOG: ZEUS (R4 | Blue/Black | W/C) - completed 2013-JUN-23
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial (a.k.a. Cable Sewing, Cable Stitching)

23RO_UK
  • Members
  • 993 posts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Dremels"
  • LocationDartford, UK
  • Last active: Today, 04:01 PM

Mos that window panel is pure genius and madness rolled into one, pure quality mate!!!  B)  :wub:

(you been taking lessons from Cheaps on the genius and madness thing? I'll now duck for cover  :ph34r:   :lol:)

xmcfHOS.png

Completed builds - BackDraft Evo - Mothball/W1Conc3pt  Work in progress - Retro (Z)

drougnor
  • Administrators
  • 386 posts
  • TMZ Social Guy
  • LocationWaterville, Maine
  • Last active: Today, 01:19 PM

Yet another round onto the fan page!

https://www.facebook...470781093038368

PRTribute-2013-05-19_zpse601938e.png

doyll
  • Members
  • 156 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Regular
  • Last active: Sep 28 2014 07:31 AM

Loving the images on side window. 

Maybe one of winter frost..  and/or X-mas scenes?

= GA-X58A-UD5 = i7 980 @ 3.55GHz = PH-TC14PE w/ 2x TR TY-147  = Crucial Ballistix Sport 3x 4GB = GTX580 DirectCU II = Xonar D2X  = TX650v2 = Define R2 w/ 3x TY-140 PWM controlled by CPU fan socket & PSU power = Custom caster base

E.E.L. Ambiense
  • Administrators
  • 730 posts
  • Acrylic Heretic
  • LocationFlaccid genitalia of U.S.
  • Last active: Dec 19 2014 08:47 PM

Beautiful work, Mos!  She's gorgeous.  That side panel is incredible! 

I've been tinkering with an H630 lately; haven't touched one of NZXT's chassis since the Switch came out so it's been a year or so.  They are really quite slick, even the lower-tier stuff. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E.E.L. Ambiense Industries mission site!

Valiantsoul
  • Members
  • 225 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Regular
  • LocationFargo, ND
  • Last active: Today, 06:37 PM

Great shots Chris.  Glad I got to see it at the meetup.  Looking forward to the Q30 mod.  Good luck.

Bill Owen
  • Administrators
  • 3576 posts
  • Mawd Gawd
  • LocationMnpctech
  • Last active: Today, 05:04 PM
Lovin the final build and the photos rawk too!
Click Banner to Visit Case Mod Supply Store
anodized_m3_m4_screws_fasteners_mnpctech

craigbru
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Pip
  • Last active: Nov 19 2013 05:44 AM

I may have been AFK for a while, but I just dropped into say how much I love this mod.  I was wondering how long it would take someone to implement a transparent LCD in a side panel.  It's something I had working and ready for my OSIDIAS project a few years ago, but since it's been on hiatus, I'm sure most haven't seen it.  Your implementation is stellar, and the build is clean.  Keep up the good work man!

Posted Image

Father Fuzzy
  • Members
  • 130 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Regular
  • LocationCanada
  • Last active: Aug 27 2014 12:39 AM

love that screen...excellent job  :)

and super photo's lookin forward to the vid 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users